One of those days.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I was getting gas in my truck and the owner of the gas station brought out a Stihl saw case. Fix it. Get it running.Now this man is tighter than two coats of paint.So with nothing on my bench I noticed a leak in the gas line. Did I mention the air filter was AWOL?.So a new gas line and air filter are needed.I pulled the carburetor apart and tiny drops of water abound.So we need a kit. It's a Walbro WT 192 I think.So I arrived at my friendly Stihl dealer and told him the saw model was a 026, and I needed a gas line, air filter, and a carburetor kit.Not a problem said he. Well it turns out Stihl has discontinued the carburetor kit for this saw.OK Plan B. How much is a new carburetor? 78.02. I told him that this is a Walbro. He tells me that they discontinued making carburetor kits for this saw.Yea right.So I ordered the three items.$59 and change.Arriving home I called a Stihl dealer in Lebanon. Told him the carb number. Yes I have the kit in stock, 4 of them actually $11.45. So anyway my local Stihl dealer needs a reality check.BTW, he could have the new carburetor hear Tuesday morning if I needed it.This dealer is also selling Cub Cadet mowers.Pick up and delivery charges $50.This is simply unrealistic in my opinion.Thanks for listening. I needed to vent.Ken

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I was getting gas in my truck and the owner of the gas station brought out a Stihl saw case. Fix it. Get it running.Now this man is tighter than two coats of paint.So with nothing on my bench I noticed a leak in the gas line. Did I mention the air filter was AWOL?.So a new gas line and air filter are needed.I pulled the carburetor apart and tiny drops of water abound.So we need a kit. It's a Walbro WT 192 I think.So I arrived at my friendly Stihl dealer and told him the saw model was a 026, and I needed a gas line, air filter, and a carburetor kit.Not a problem said he. Well it turns out Stihl has discontinued the carburetor kit for this saw.OK Plan B. How much is a new carburetor? 78.02. I told him that this is a Walbro. He tells me that they discontinued making carburetor kits for this saw.Yea right.So I ordered the three items.$59 and change.Arriving home I called a Stihl dealer in Lebanon. Told him the carb number. Yes I have the kit in stock, 4 of them actually $11.45. So anyway my local Stihl dealer needs a reality check.BTW, he could have the new carburetor hear Tuesday morning if I needed it.This dealer is also selling Cub Cadet mowers.Pick up and delivery charges $50.This is simply unrealistic in my opinion.Thanks for listening. I needed to vent.Ken

One dealer next to me told me that they wait till the order gets big enough to place so shipping will be cheaper.

I walked out laughing as all I was wanting was a depth gauge lol.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I won’t buy a Stihl and why I love Husqvarna.

Shop online from my armchair, I know what’s really discontinued, in stock, and not in stock. Parts usually arrive in my mailbox in 2-3 days. If they’re out of stock I have other websites I can order from.

If I can wait I’ll order carb kits from China for $2-3ea.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local stihl dealer started out as a jonsereds
Dealer in the early 70s
Turned to stihl in the 80s
I've bought from him since then back in the mid 80s when i started cutting.
Many saws and tons of parts.
A few month's ago i tried to buy a 036 carb
His quote was 70 some dollar's.
No carb kits.
*f-word that
So it's got a 2.25 china carby kit in it now.
And i run 10-13.00 upstart and archer chain mostly now also.
Stihls outpricing the regular cutters now.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One dealer next to me told me that they wait till the order gets big enough to place so shipping will be cheaper.

I walked out laughing as all I was wanting was a depth gauge lol.
Yea they do that same *s-word here to so I will normally get wat I need online for less money and get it here about a day or two sooner funny they won't sell a complete carb kit at my dealer flipping ass clowns.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea they do that same *s-word here to so I will normally get wat I need online for less money and get it here about a day or two sooner funny they won't sell a complete carb kit at my dealer flipping ass clowns.

Lucky me the other dealer 10 minutes down the road has upped their game and stock damn near everything and if they have to order it then shipping is free.