High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Old Dirty Feta and the MS500i--the Hi-Tech Wood Lobotomizer

pgk1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I have the saw up at our cabin, the next time I'm up there I'll check that pin out. I thought I remember reading something about it but was under the impression that it had to be pushed in in order to adjust the oil flow screw, and mine does turn back and forth. Dan, I take it that the pin in your picture has been pushed down already, it looks pretty flush? Hopefully that's all I need to do. :)

Pete

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys! I have the saw up at our cabin, the next time I'm up there I'll check that pin out. I thought I remember reading something about it but was under the impression that it had to be pushed in in order to adjust the oil flow screw, and mine does turn back and forth. Dan, I take it that the pin in your picture has been pushed down already, it looks pretty flush? Hopefully that's all I need to do. :)

Pete

Yes, the pin has been pushed down flush. The pump on the 500i and 462 will easily oil a 36 inch bar when pushed in.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cardboard test isn’t really definitive. I could put a 36” on a 026 and piss rev oil on the cardboard. What matters is the output under load in the wood and if the chain appears dry after numerous cuts. But yes, a 462 does have a good oiler output with the pin in.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can a small piece of metal be cut off the limiter collar on an older style oiler to allow the screw to be turned farther with the same results as the oilers with the pin pushed in?

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cardboard test isn’t really definitive. I could put a 36” on a 026 and piss rev oil on the cardboard. What matters is the output under load in the wood and if the chain appears dry after numerous cuts. But yes, a 462 does have a good oiler output with the pin in.
Geez bust my balls. I’ve cut with it like this. It oiled fine. I’d pick something different if I used it everyday.

kyle.kipple

Get busy living or get busy dyin...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Geez bust my balls. I’ve cut with it like this. It oiled fine. I’d pick something different if I used it everyday.

He’s not busting your balls. He’s saying the cardboard snail trail test isn’t a test that proves a saw oils adequately for the length of bar installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@AlfA01 have you had the running in reverse condition happen again? Or has it been behaving?

It's been running normally, Ed. I start it nearly everyday just to see what it will do. The only thing I haven't reproduced is the running conditions and heat. Heat may have been a factor.

pgk1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was up to our cabin this weekend and checked the pin on my saw and it wasn't pushed in, after pushing it in there was quite a improvement in how it oils the 25" bar and chain! :) Thanks again for the tip, I love this place!!

Pete