Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the link i posted is justgreatbearings on ebay... theyve done well by me so far and usually have 6202 nachis for a great price

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy SKF Explorer 6202 VG 104 bearings from one SKF dealer, pay under 1/2 the price of what Husky demand.
I dont feel for going away from OEM bearings to be honest, when one bearing blow its in most cases good night for the top end, and in worse scenario its also good bye for the crank.......

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pretty sure its in my vids somewhere lol... but ... its really simple with a small flathead screwdriver. the seals are not hard to get out at all
+1 that's how you do it. Easy!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using the term "OEM" vs. "Aftermarket" in the saw world for bearings is kind of moot, since all OPE manufacturers source bearings from many companies. I have seen Stihl use: NTN, Fafnir, slacker, Nachi, SKF, and SNR in chainsaws, brush cutters/weed eaters, backpack blowers, and other equipment. I've seen Husqvarna use slacker, SKF, Fafnir, and NTN. they've even used different brands of bearings in the same model of saw, depending on where it was manufactured.
Those Nachi bearings seem to be very good. Have used in several saws with no problems, yet.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
pretty sure its in my vids somewhere lol... but ... its really simple with a small flathead screwdriver. the seals are not hard to get out at all

But, but, but....that's what the rocket scientists say when they are asked about how to design propulsion systems....it's all easy once you learn how

;)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Matt pretty much has a video for everything.lol he has helped me more times then he will ever know. Thanks Matt.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys use and why? I put cross bearings from hl supply on my 670 champ they seemed good. Gonna do a complete rebuild on another saw just contemplating the bearing situation.

Is that the saw In got from ya? In any case just wanted to tell ya One pull start on that 670 I got from ya man it runs good.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the saw In got from ya? In any case just wanted to tell ya One pull start on that 670 I got from ya man it runs good.
No I Have another 670. I'm glad you are happy, my older saws all start better than the newer ones

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try and look at bearing replacement this way, on the older "firewood" type of saw that is not going to be spinning a very high RPM I'll go with the Cross or FarmerTec bearings. Newer "Pro" builds get SKF and the others previously mentioned. Where the dividing line is may be a bit fuzzy at times as well. I've also been putting Chinese bearings in my own saws just to see what they'll take, so far so good. The biggest beef I have with the cheap bearings is on sealed units(for other applications) a total lack of lubrication, I've been putting guide bearings on the sawmill four at a time. I finally popped the seal off of a new one and made that discovery, so there I am packing grease into a brand new sealed bearing like an idiot...
I was having same problem with jackshaft bearings on my mower. I didn't trust that the seal would stay in place after popping it out to grease them. I drilled a small .055" hole through the seal and greased them with a needle tip grease grease gun. So far no problems.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fast forward 7 years and somewhere between here and there I've came to the final conclusion that it's best just to order the bearings from the saw manufacturer and not worry about getting a fake bearing in a fake OEM box off of eBay or some other clearing house. It's just not worth trying to save a few bucks on in the overall bigger picture kind of way.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whatever became of dieselfitter? I thought of him with the recent thread on the stroker crank...he did that on one of the Poulan CV models years ago.

Mark

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i go get my bearings at a local bearing supply house. i can get any of the brand name bearing i want there. only the propritary ones are oem. i can get seals there too if they arent destroyed i just take them in and have them get those too if possible. no shipping cost or high mark up

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stumpshot.... We are assuming the saw manufacturers aren't getting fake ones.... though your point is taken.

Even fake rolexes are getting better and better these days... the top guys having a harder and harder time telling them apart. Crazy world

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stumpshot.... We are assuming the saw manufacturers aren't getting fake ones.... though your point is taken.

Even fake rolexes are getting better and better these days... the top guys having a harder and harder time telling them apart. Crazy world
A big OEM vendor such as Husqvarna and Stihl buy direct from the manufacturer and yes, that does alleviate that issue quite nicely.
When entire ship loads of faked bearings have been seized, to speak to the volume of the situation, it is a problem worth some consideration.