Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was the problem? Looks good Al!

This....or not snapped in all the way on the carb/intake hicky.

Bingo.

R
od popped out. Wasn’t allowing the throttle to seat against factory stop. So, in essence, had a massive air leak through the carb at idle. The MT was intermittently able to compensate for it. You can hear it searching for idle in the vid.

So it wasn’t the MT, it was me being a knucklehead. Great learning exercise though. Next is to advance the timing and see what I can fućk up.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds great and seems to be runnin good and angry...its a fun saw to run fer sure.

If you don't mind me asking, where does a guy find that filter material covering the hole you put in the cover?

Frogskinz.
You can find it on Ebay, Amazon, and quite a few power sports outlets.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bingo.

R
od popped out. Wasn’t allowing the throttle to seat against factory stop. So, in essence, had a massive air leak through the carb at idle. The MT was intermittently able to compensate for it. You can hear it searching for idle in the vid.

So it wasn’t the MT, it was me being a knucklehead. Great learning exercise though. Next is to advance the timing and see what I can fućk up.
Sounds good Al glad it was something simple for you and nothing to complex to deal with. With timing advance that thing should be a screamer.:beer-toast1:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much do u advance the timing?
My saw beginns to pop by about half the key so I went back to about one third of the key.
I went with 1/4” of flywheel movement on the case edge.

It was around 1/3 of the key. The saw has a lot of compression, so I didn’t think it was going to need it. It seems to like it.