drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have forgotten to reinstall the exhaust port recirculation compression valve before I put the muffler back on the saw. Or the atmospheric pressure control valve on the intake.

It felt a bit low on compression and power. It may be pulling in way too much fresh air for complete combustion.

I'll check both before replacing the MT system.

Everyone knows that 2 strokes don't make compression from the piston and combustion chamber.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I’ve learned while researching how MT functions is that it has a wide ability to overcome many basic problems in a saw.

Guys have had torn intake boots and other massive air leak/linkage issues and the MT was able to compensate for it.

It makes diagnosis particularly difficult because it makes up for most of the problems on its own-it’s a whole new decision making tree in some aspects. Most of what you have learned about saw diagnosis goes out the door.

It does seem like, short of the solenoid, actual MT problems are very very rare.

The most likely cause of the problem isn’t the fault of the German engineers, it’s the Dutch. They made the Heineken consumed during assembly. I’m going with that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I’ve learned while researching how MT functions is that it has a wide ability to overcome many basic problems in a saw.

Guys have had torn intake boots and other massive air leak/linkage issues and the MT was able to compensate for it.

It makes diagnosis particularly difficult because it makes up for most of the problems on its own-it’s a whole new decision making tree in some aspects. Most of what you have learned about saw diagnosis goes out the door.

It does seem like, short of the solenoid, actual MT problems are very very rare.

The most likely cause of the problem isn’t the fault of the German engineers, it’s the Dutch. They made the Heineken consumed during assembly. I’m going with that.

Repped.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have forgotten to reinstall the exhaust port recirculation compression valve before I put the muffler back on the saw. Or the atmospheric pressure control valve on the intake.

It felt a bit low on compression and power. It may be pulling in way too much fresh air for complete combustion.

I'll check both before replacing the MT system.

Everyone knows that 2 strokes don't make compression from the piston and combustion chamber.

Lol ...but, did you check the cataclysmic perverter in the muffler bearing?