180148.gif

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Normally it would quit running, that is not a normal case.
Have two saw's here dead from severe ash deposits and subsequent carbon scoring of the p&c.
My theory is the bad oil mix touched the hot parts and got baked on them. Accumulated over times. Somebody sent me that pic, it's a trimmer.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My theory is the bad oil mix touched the hot parts and got baked on them. Accumulated over times. Somebody sent me that pic, it's a trimmer.

See it quite often on homeowner type equipment. Exhaust is too constrictive for it's own good. Reburning and reburning to meet epa regs and fail in time to do same.
Rings get burnt deposits until they get stuck. Now piston acts like it doesn't have any rings, if still running blowby occurs at a massive rate making it that much worse until it stops or won't restart.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See it quite often on homeowner type equipment. Exhaust is too constrictive for it's own good. Reburning and reburning to meet epa regs and fail in time to do same.
Rings get burnt deposits until they get stuck. Now piston acts like it doesn't have any rings, if still running blowby occurs at a massive rate making it that much worse until it stops or won't restart.
I think you're right. But my theory comes from some odd things I've seen.
Carbon build up under the piston.
The marked pink writing area(ignore the plastic) where the piston would be hot from the other side of the combustion. That engine doesn't suffer blow by.Screenshot_2019-07-18-04-10-23.jpg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you're right. But my theory comes from some odd things I've seen.
Carbon build up under the piston.
The marked pink writing area(ignore the plastic) where the piston would be hot from the other side of the combustion. That engine doesn't suffer blow by.View attachment 191217

Quite normal for a piston to have some accumulation where you have the pink squiggle's. Especially ones with a lot of use/time on them. The bottom of the engine doesn't get that hot normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.