Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mid way through Technical College(1986/87), my fabrication teacher died from consumption. I went and saw him on his death bed, said he had just too much junk in his lungs from welding and that it was his time. Well after the first ten years of it I could see the writing on the wall for me. Tried all manor of trades to minimize welding time, seemed like I always had to revert back to it though. Last job I did I coughed and hacked so bad, I said to myself this is it, no more inside work. The welding shop that gave me portable welding referrals went out of business so I don't get any more calls. Don't think I'll go looking for more either, be nice to save a little bit of welding for myself some day. No one much needs an old dinosaur stick welder like me anyhow. Sure did like burning them up though, everything has its time I reckon.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im 42 and ive been welding for about 20 years on the job i do more than just weld and i dont care if i do weld on every job

Some fellas are tougher than others, I'm just not one of them, it(welding) served me well over the years, I'm not complaining. Saw all but a handful of the fifty states and met a lot of really good people along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.