Not So Pro 3

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to get my CDL medical card renewed today and they wouldn't give it to me because I have sleep apnea and I use a mouthpiece instead of a CPAP and FMCSA laws require a CPAP so it can be monitored for compliance. I told the doctor how would you like it if someone came in here and said you can't be a doctor anymore because you have sleep apnea and it might make you drowsy and impair your judgment in treating patients and all of your schooling and education was now useless? I walked out of the appointment.

Yes. Teaching myself... again. Professor work-from-home doesn't post any lecture videos so I'm scrounging youtube again trying to learn this *s-word.
That sucks

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks

I don't get legitimately pissed about much but this pisses me off. I can self-certify as excepted interstate so my license won't be downgraded, but except for very limited circumstances I can't drive a commercial vehicle until I get a medical card and apparently the FMCSA knows more about my health than my doctors do.

TL;DR: The FMCSA is *f-worded and everyone who works there drinks ejaculate.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't get legitimately pissed about much but this pisses me off. I can self-certify as excepted interstate so my license won't be downgraded, but except for very limited circumstances I can't drive a commercial vehicle until I get a medical card and apparently the FMCSA knows more about my health than my doctors do.

that whole sleep apnea stuff is a bunch of crap, I lie my ass off every 2 years, if you admit that you snore they will want you on a Cpap machine, I know someone who admitted to snoring and they wanted him to do all kinds of tests, he was in his 70's so he just gave up his CDL instead of jumping through all the hoops.

try to find an independant physical provider, I have an amish doc I go see for mine, I've never had an issue, but I will never admit that I snore either.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I know guys that have used the cpap machine for 20 years and still drives truck
Tell them racist bastards that you are Joe dirt and you expect to be recognized
You, sandpaper dent pullers = GFY slacker
lol thataboy

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know guys that have used the cpap machine for 20 years and still drives truck
Tell them racist bastards that you are Joe dirt and you expect to be recognized

lol thataboy
I could get a CPAP and a waiver and then get a medical card, but my doctor told me my sleep apnea isn't bad enough to need a CPAP. I have a mouth guard that pulls my lower jaw forward and it works fine for me.

But the NOPEs at the FMCSA don't care what your doctor thinks, if you have sleep apnea, they say you need a CPAP.