Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a brown dog who seems predisposed to being an aśshole if that counts towards anything.
Other than that we don't know what kind of dog he is..
Our three hounds killed a cat that stupidly got into their pen today.
Good luck Randy.
Thank you Larry.
My Dad had a 64 SS convertible. 327 car.
He got sent to Vietnam and my Grandma sold it.
He wasn't pleased.
My dad had a 67 RS Camaro. Mom traded it in on a Pinto.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lived in Rifle for 10 years, it's a alright town. I lived in Salida for 3 years. I'd live in Salida over Rifle, myself.

I had 10 acres on a mesa about 4 miles south of Rifle. This is looking east, views were better looking west. See if I have any pics looking west, was a nice view of the valley and colorado river in my backyard, if you looked west & north.

IIRFC this was in 2002, it was dry as fug that year, we got less then 3 inches of rain all year, every other day there was a new fire popping up. Dry lightening started this one. That's the town of Rifle.

View attachment 407843

North & west views from my old place.

1st picture, I-70, Colorado river, NG compressor station in west Rifle, that blew up at 3am once, at first I thought it was a earth quake it shook the house so freaking hard. Once I got the sleep out of my eyes, and went outside, there was a huge fire ball / mushroom cloud coming out of the compressor station. It was pretty wild.

Hard to tell in these pictures but my place sat about 1,000 feet higher in elevation the rest of area. Used to have a big herd of Elk every winter in this field 2nd & 4th pictures. A few black bears were a weekly sighting there also. Even saw a mountain lion once & while there, I followed it's tracks found a old cave half way down the bluff, I think it called home.

5th picture is over looking the town of Rifle.

Screenshot_16-2-2024_191433_.jpegScreenshot_16-2-2024_191549_.jpegScreenshot_16-2-2024_191619_.jpegScreenshot_16-2-2024_191647_.jpegScreenshot_16-2-2024_191715_.jpeg

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never owned one i had German shepherds
But I've been around a few my friends have some
Smart dogs and they are high energy dogs a bit smaller than a Shephard.
https://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/belgian-malinois
You'd could train him to do anything
You wouldn't want a mean dog View attachment 407796
Lady my nieces dog has to be kept in a pen
She's bit the same neighbor 4 time's his name is BJ
coincidentally
She got him in the sack last time
Both balls he screamed
As he was laying in my nieces yard.
She only bites him has never bit anyone else
I asked him what the *f-word did you do to that dog.
Agree, I definitely don't want a mean dog, but I do want one that is protective in a mild mannered way.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening d!ckheads. Tonight I decided it’s time to try going to upstairs to bed as the couch was just getting old. I went up half then turned around and went down. That was comfortable to I went up to bed. Wife made me go back down to make sure I could do the full set to the main floor. It’s going to be nice to sleep in bed. I may sleep in tomorrow unless my bladder has its own plan.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Dad had a 64 SS convertible. 327 car.
He got sent to Vietnam and my Grandma sold it.
He wasn't pleased.
MEBBE yer G'ma was a Pessimist and figgered yer Dad wasn't coming home. (Apply Humor or whatever Mark Twain was credited for)
My Dads' mom was Took the Moneys 2 of her sons sent home for her own use. My Dad would take from me and give to my brothers.. It takes all kinds of people to make a world but 'tis Impossible to understand.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening d!ckheads. Tonight I decided it’s time to try going to upstairs to bed as the couch was just getting old. I went up half then turned around and went down. That was comfortable to I went up to bed. Wife made me go back down to make sure I could do the full set to the main floor. It’s going to be nice to sleep in bed. I may sleep in tomorrow unless my bladder has its own plan.
Back on your knees in no time

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Drink a Big Glass of Water before you hit the hay. Just don't hold me accountable for your Lack of good Judgement. Keep us all posted.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
North & west views from my old place.

1st picture, I-70, Colorado river, NG compressor station in west Rifle, that blew up at 3am once, at first I thought it was a earth quake it shook the house so freaking hard. Once I got the sleep out of my eyes, and went outside, there was a huge fire ball / mushroom cloud coming out of the compressor station. It was pretty wild.

Hard to tell in these pictures but my place sat about 1,000 feet higher in elevation the rest of area. Used to have a big herd of Elk every winter in this field 2nd & 4th pictures. A few black bears were a weekly sighting there also. Even saw a mountain lion once & while there, I followed it's tracks found a old cave half way down the bluff, I think it called home.

5th picture is over looking the town of Rifle.

View attachment 407855View attachment 407856View attachment 407857View attachment 407858View attachment 407859
Looks like that would have been a nice place to live. Cool photos and story.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Surprised you didn't get jumped on for making a husky anchor joke. Infringing on one of dalls jokes.

Last time I made one, I about got tarred & feathered, for infringing on someone else's joke.
I am an officially licensed DALLCO Inc. franchise owner

My franchise agreement allows me, among other things, to disparage all models of Hooski, Ferd, Dooge, etc, to make slacker comments, boat anchor jokes, and to toss out the occasional GFY

Sadly when I bought my franchise I couldn't afford the full package so I am not allowed to dispense sack kicks without prior written authorization of the chairman of DALLCO Inc.

I do get royalties on all the sandpaper dent pullers sold through the Amazon affiliate program and I get a good employee discount on sandpaper gloves through the company store

Could be worse...

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My franchise agreement allows me, among other things, to disparage all models of Hooski, Ferd, Dooge, etc, to make slacker comments, boat anchor jokes, and to toss out the occasional GFY

Sadly when I bought my franchise I couldn't afford the full package so I am not allowed to dispense sack kicks without prior written authorization of the chairman of DALLCO Inc.

I do get royalties on all the sandpaper dent pullers sold through the Amazon affiliate program and I get a good employee discount on sandpaper gloves through the company store

Could be worse...

I would've understood a simple GFY, rather then trying read through & comprehend, some partial franchise arrangement...

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Could be worse...
More than likely you qualify for a good discount @ Bojangles also.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6 speed.
5 and 6 speed look identical.
10 speed is actually a Hydramatic with the Allison name. Looks totally different.

I'm resealing the flywheel housing.
It's not much fun.
View attachment 407799View attachment 407800View attachment 407801
Work truck I used to drive had a 8.1/Allison combo. For some reason it loved to chew through flywheels. Some would crack, but most would wear the teeth down on the ring gear in a single section. Starter teeth harder than the ring. Our use is a little different though since the start/stop cycle on those would sometimes hit almost 200 times a day. Average day for me was about 130 cycles. I got so used to the sound I would let the mechanic know about a month before it went out. Had a piece of wood in the truck so when it went I could spin the motor with crank pulley and get moving again. The way it was sounding, I'm thinking it will go down sometime in March again.