Not So Pro 3

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
4:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We had our roof done 2 years ago. One white foreman and about 15-20 Mexican guys. Talked to the foreman, he said the only white guys that wanna be roofers are crackheads. He said the Mexican guys all show up on time, work hard and he never gets calls to bail them out of jail.

They did our roof in early March. Showed up at 7am, roof was down to wood by 7:30, underlayment and ice and water shield was on by 10, and all shingles and ridge vent were done by 1. By 3pm everything was cleaned up, roof was done and they were gone without a trace. And to this day, I have yet to find a roofing nail or any other garbage in the yard.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had our roof done 2 years ago. One white foreman and about 15-20 Mexican guys. Talked to the foreman, he said the only white guys that wanna be roofers are crackheads. He said the Mexican guys all show up on time, work hard and he never gets calls to bail them out of jail.

They did our roof in early March. Showed up at 7am, roof was down to wood by 7:30, underlayment and ice and water shield was on by 10, and all shingles and ridge vent were done by 1. By 3pm everything was cleaned up, roof was done and they were gone without a trace. And to this day, I have yet to find a roofing nail or any other garbage in the yard.
All the dry wall crews in the area are Mexican and they get it done

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If I was still in the framing business, I'd have a whole crew of Mexicans. White guys don't like to actually work.....they just want to get paid.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was still in the framing business, I'd have a whole crew of Mexicans. White guys don't like to actually work.....they just want to get paid.
If you could figure out a way for all these fukking crybaby whining millennials to do framing and roofing and other trades from home on their computer in their pajamas you could get rich

God forbid they actually work for a living

My dad taught me to go out and ask for WORK, not ask for a job, and to take a hardhat, gloves, and a lunch when I went to ask so they knew I was serious

Yeah, I am a crotchety old bastige...

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mexicans mow my lawn. They all jump outta the truck like a SWAT team and get busy. Not a blade of grass to be found along the curb, on the driveway, or walkway going to the front door.
I will probably get blasted for this but here goes

When we lived in Kentucky (1993-94) we knew some folks who raised tobacco and they and other tobacco farmers were in a bind because the laborers who had always come around at harvest time decided the work was beneath them

The farmers didn't know what to do until someone said just get some Mexican migrant workers; problem solved, all the help they needed and they worked longer and harder etc

Then the people who traditionally did the harvesting went apeshit and started screaming about losing their jobs to a bunch of wetbacks, etc

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will probably get blasted for this but here goes

When we lived in Kentucky (1993-94) we knew some folks who raised tobacco and they and other tobacco farmers were in a bind because the laborers who had always come around at harvest time decided the work was beneath them

The farmers didn't know what to do until someone said just get some Mexican migrant workers; problem solved, all the help they needed and they worked longer and harder etc

Then the people who traditionally did the harvesting went apeshit and started screaming about losing their jobs to a bunch of wetbacks, etc
Then do your job

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was very impressed, not just with the speed, but the quality of the work. I watched them do it and got up on the roof and inspected everything afterward. Flashing, drip edge, boots around the vents, etc, was all tight and straight and properly installed.
They didn't half ass it. They used CertainTeed Landmark Premium shingles.

Two of my neighbors got roofs around the same time. One had a roof a bit bigger than mine, but not nearly as steep. They used a reputable roofing company. They had 4 or 5 white guys. It took them 5 days and they left their trucks and dumpster at the house for that whole week. Job was quality though. He got Owens Corning Duration shingles.

Other neighbor with a much smaller roof used a friend of a friend of a guy he knew. White guys. Probably crackheads. Took them 3 weeks, they didn't get a dumpster and just threw all the old roofing material into a pile in the yard, *f-worded up the valleys, used regular shingles instead of hip and ridge, screwed up the flashing, used old boots around vents, and I'm sure other issues. It was a really awful job and the mess of old roofing material took him forever to clean. They used some off-brand of shingle I never heard of. No idea where they got them. Wouldn't doubt they were stolen.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please put them in their place on a regular basis Ed. Someone needs to do it.

It wouldn't matter.

Take this Jeep Patriot for example..
20231214_151541.jpg

Who knows your Jeep? Your GM dealer, that's who.
They bring it in and have our new alignment expert Brandon line that bish up. I mean, he took a 2 day Hunter alignment course, so he knows everything.

Well, after, a service writer and him determined it has torque steer. They then find the right control arm bushing that's no longer connected to the control arm.

They dump it on me to replace the control arm, which I do. Steering is now crooked as fùck. And, I noticed when I drove it the left front cv shaft is knocking like an I80 lot lizard on a freightliner sleeper..

So they have him do another alignment.

Then dump it back to me to replace the CV shaft..

I replace the shaft, road test, it pulls like a mutha ro the right.. but I wouldn't call it torque steer..

So, I look at the alignment printout.

3.2 degrees left caster.
2.1 degrees right caster..
Anyone who knows what the angles actually do know it's going to go to the side with the least amount. Us, factor in road crown. I like to see .5 degree higher on the right, or so, to compensate.

Tell them maybe they need to look at the angles as a hint.
I got told "they are all in tolerance " in a slightly snotty tone.

I said, that's cool, your the expert.

He's been doing these 3 months or so now.
I did my first alignment in 93. I might know something if they'd listen..

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It wouldn't matter.

Take this Jeep Patriot for example..
View attachment 400565

Who knows your Jeep? Your GM dealer, that's who.
They bring it in and have our new alignment expert Brandon line that bish up. I mean, he took a 2 day Hunter alignment course, so he knows everything.

Well, after, a service writer and him determined it has torque steer. They then find the right control arm bushing that's no longer connected to the control arm.

They dump it on me to replace the control arm, which I do. Steering is now crooked as fùck. And, I noticed when I drove it the left front cv shaft is knocking like an I80 lot lizard on a freightliner sleeper..

So they have him do another alignment.

Then dump it back to me to replace the CV shaft..

I replace the shaft, road test, it pulls like a mutha ro the right.. but I wouldn't call it torque steer..

So, I look at the alignment printout.

3.2 degrees left caster.
2.1 degrees right caster..
Anyone who knows what the angles actually do know it's going to go to the side with the least amount. Us, factor in road crown. I like to see .5 degree higher on the right, or so, to compensate.

Tell them maybe they need to look at the angles as a hint.
I got told "they are all in tolerance " in a slightly snotty tone.

I said, that's cool, your the expert.

He's been doing these 3 months or so now.
I did my first alignment in 93. I might know something if they'd listen..
you need to video more lol