USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That *s-wordt can climb to $10/gal for all I care…just scored me a vintage ‘76 Honda Kick-N-Go Scooter. Legs will be the size of Schwarzenegger’s before it’s over with but who cares. Then I’ll send the scooter to the Plateau…let the Monkey beef his pegs up a bit gettin’ around the farm.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy all. These liquified dinosaur prices are hitting us all. I'm glad I filled up a drum and several cans with off road before this bs hit. Atleast I'll have fuel for the tractors to build garden #2 this spring, move dirt and get firewood. Some efree was stashed too for saws n such. Might have to fire up my huffy and start pedaling to jobs... if they exist much longer. We're on a very dangerous path here fellas in more ways than one

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Diesel jumped 45cent from yesterday. Currently $5.40 gallon.
That's $1.40 for our metric Brody's. Sure hope you farmer's been stashing the last couple of weeks. Biodiesel, well we all know what happens when that commodity surges. Dang it.
3.84 litres per gallon right @Kiwioilboiler ?

3.78 litres / US Gallon
4.5 litres / Imperial Gallon

I converted your $5.4 to about $1.87/L CAD, our pumps locally are between $2.08 and 2.19/ L CAD.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The price of fuel at the stations is panic pricing. Let's say a station has 20k gallon capacity for regular e10. Most stations keep their tanks at about 25% capacity. These are usually the independents that buy on the spot market. They try to maximize margin and not throughput. When a tanker drops the fuel load in the tank, the money is drafted out of a station account at the time of the drop, prices change at midnight. When prices are going up, some stations hedge that the price increase is going to be a short one. So they don't want to fill up at the current high price, because then they would have to sell below cost if the price drops quickly. The smart ones keep their tanks full, keeping their average price lower.

Now oil suppliers play a game where they know the price is going up at midnight, so make the drop after. But they can't say we are short drivers too often, or they lose a customer.

As long as demand doesn't surge, prices will begin to come back down in a month or so. Don't forget, mid term elections are this year, so prices "will come down". Just going to be bumpy for a bit.

Now, since I got home after only half a day at work, 12 hours is half a day right? I am going to go wordle.

Larry

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That *s-wordt can climb to $10/gal for all I care…just scored me a vintage ‘76 Honda Kick-N-Go Scooter. Legs will be the size of Schwarzenegger’s before it’s over with but who cares. Then I’ll send the scooter to the Plateau…let the Monkey beef his pegs up a bit gettin’ around the farm.

Pics man [emoji2955]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a little odd to see one gas station at $3.84/gal and another less than 2 miles away at $4.09/gal….seems like there probably is some amount of gouging going on.

Nah. One's just bought fuel before the other. Wait until the slow station is stuck selling at high price when the costs drop as they can't get refueled fast enough.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening boys
Been rebuilding feed bunks this afternoon
New runners and braces under the trough arcs

957b9b61ea2db816ecf497d3951d432c.jpg

e50cdc67b9689d8a49f44e81b07d65e8.jpg