Not So Pro 3

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some people aren't cut out to go to college. There is nothing wrong with blue collar work. The ultimatum you gave him sucks in my opinion. What if he decides one day to go to a tech school to be a certified mechanic?
That would be equally acceptable. The choice is his what training he wants to go into. But he’s not into turning wrenches. He’s into making excellent grades and competing in science fairs. He’s very dedicated to his school work and works hard to do well so I’m very proud of him for that even if he’s not like me.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be equally acceptable. The choice is his what training he wants to go into. But he’s not into turning wrenches. He’s into making excellent grades and competing in science fairs. He’s very dedicated to his school work and works hard to do well so I’m very proud of him for that even if he’s not like me.
Dead right. We're trying to create good citizens, independent thinkers, fend for themselves type kids. That doesn't mean clone of parents.
My daughter is an academic, the boy a practical sportsman. Super proud of them both whatever pans out as they grow up and move on.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dead right. We're trying to create good citizens, independent thinkers, fend for themselves type kids. That doesn't mean clone of parents.
My daughter is an academic, the boy a practical sportsman. Super proud of them both whatever pans out as they grow up and move on.
:campeon:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My

My first whip was a '78 monte carlo. 500 bucks. Wish you could still find cars like that

So how did you get a 2 year old car for $500???

Mine was a 75 Duster slant 6 ftw!!!!

Some people aren't cut out to go to college. There is nothing wrong with blue collar work. The ultimatum you gave him sucks in my opinion. What if he decides one day to go to a tech school to be a certified mechanic?

My cousins nephew was slated to start college in the fall on line but didn't like it. He got on at Delphi and loves it.

Last edited: