Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unfortunately rust is inevitable in lovely ol NY state. I'm pretty particular and have washed n dried truck n know every scratch in it now (I think a dealer should let ya wash before signing). The rest of truck really is in great shape, the problem doesn't make any sense. Thanks for all the responses and we'll see what happens Monday.

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Unfortunately rust is inevitable in lovely ol NY state. I'm pretty particular and have washed n dried truck n know every scratch in it now (I think a dealer should let ya wash before signing). The rest of truck really is in great shape, the problem doesn't make any sense. Thanks for all the responses and we'll see what happens Monday.

Maybe they missed a glue seam at the factory? I know a lot of panels on these new vehicles are glued together - and by glue i mean fancy metal bonding epoxy. Not sure if the bed sides are glued on, but it makes sense that bare metal would be required for a strong joint. No glue would expose the bare metal to corrosion.

Just a thought.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe they missed a glue seam at the factory? I know a lot of panels on these new vehicles are glued together - and by glue i mean fancy metal bonding epoxy. Not sure if the bed sides are glued on, but it makes sense that bare metal would be required for a strong joint. No glue would expose the bare metal to corrosion.

Yup true story right there I've seen it. Kinda makes you think about the rest of the vehicle build quality if the robot is messing up.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ford has been having a lot of problems lately.tranny issues,front end issues,and alot with that ecoboost too.not to add insult to injury i have never had good luck with a ford.i know i jist bought a used chevy and one truck i looked at had some issues with bed and rearend was leaking.he was looking at me like i was crazy crawing under truck looking for leaks and checking fluids.he didnt want me putting it in 4 wherl drive.i said im not paying 20k plus on a as is truck and not trying out 4 wheel drive i said fix those things and the big scratches on the pass.doors he said its as is and wouldnt budge on price and to fix the issues was extra i walked out.i hate a car salesmen specially a used one.they are douche bags.i then found the same truck for 3 grand less on craigslist from a private guy and paid less sales tax and didnt have to deal with a vulture

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im sorry bout your situation best of luck to you.id be contacting attorney.they knew about it they wanted some poor old sucker to get it and the guy who traded it in knew it too.unfortunatly it was you

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That might be a used box. You never know the whole truth about a used vehicle.

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It didn't go well. Talked to the owner, his offer was that if I came up with $2500 I could get a new box. I was told it's my truck so it's my problem, that if I wanted a flawless truck I should have bought a new one (which I said fine buy this one back and I'll sign for one today), that he sold it and I bought it in good faith(wtf does that mean?)and it's not his fault. His last offer was he'd swap the box if I buy a new one. What's that $500 max on his end? Told him I'd wipe my @$$ with his $500.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It didn't go well. Talked to the owner, his offer was that if I came up with $2500 I could get a new box. I was told it's my truck so it's my problem, that if I wanted a flawless truck I should have bought a new one (which I said fine buy this one back and I'll sign for one today), that he sold it and I bought it in good faith(wtf does that mean?)and it's not his fault. His last offer was he'd swap the box if I buy a new one. What's that $500 max on his end? Told him I'd wipe my @$$ with his $500.

Light it on.fire and drive it through his house and stuff.

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Light it on.fire and drive it through his house and stuff.

Better yet, take it in for an oil change and ask that the service technicians investigate a "sticking throttle". Then after you pick it up, conveniently experience the sticking throttle and park it in his show room on top of the Mustang.

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better yet, take it in for an oil change and ask that the service technicians investigate a "sticking throttle". Then after you pick it up, conveniently experience the sticking throttle and park it in his show room on top of the Mustang.
Haha, mustang Cobra sitting there at that

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He's a crook. I work for a company that preys on the buyers with no credit. We fix cars to a decent standard and then sell them for 2 times street value to stupid people with "no other option". Heaven forbid they save a grand and buy a beater.... They'd rather pay 15gs for a 7k Jetta and have a weekly payment until it's repoed.

Junks junk. I'd never settle for 500 bucks... That's an insult. I'd file a suit against him and I hate lawsuits. Fight the good fight. He hid damage and you missed it. Sucks but true. You're up against the wall now so go for broke.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I suggested that, I've been trying to be calm and civil to let them come up with a solution but the sales woman suggested I get mean, unfortunately means is not my best attribute:mad:

Find the most ruthless lawyer you have ever heard of. Sometimes just mentioning the name of that POS lawyer, or a phone call from the lawyer to the dealer, can force the hand of the criminals you are dealing with. Lawyers can get very expensive for rich defendants like your dealer.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any pics of the rust. So I know what to look for

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good start.