New to me truck, big issue

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I paid $2k for my 7x7 flatbed with a headache rack. If you're into that, it's a great purchase. No more wheel wells in my way
That's the size I need for mine. Contemplating a welding bed. Not sure I want to go that way yet or not. Almost want to get the stuff and put it in my bed now and see if I can actually make any money with it on a pipeline before I spend the $6-8k

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's the size I need for mine. Contemplating a welding bed. Not sure I want to go that way yet or not. Almost want to get the stuff and put it in my bed now and see if I can actually make any money with it on a pipeline before I spend the $6-8k

No problem making money with a pipeline rig if you can weld - at least around here.

What kind of machine do you want, Mike?

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's getting established enough to get on jobs continuously with 798.

You wanting to weld out of your truck full-time, or just some moonlighting? Hard to believe there is no money to be made outside the union?

I vote for an old SA-300 Lincoln.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You wanting to weld out of your truck full-time, or just some moonlighting? Hard to believe there is no money to be made outside the union?

I vote for an old SA-300 Lincoln.
If i spend that id like to be busy half the year in it and do building trades through the cokd months. I've got too much time in to throw it away now. Plus insurance for our family is near $2k a month out of pocket now.