Trader history (0)

Cool Man

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
"I had my chainsaw ported by..."
Customers post about their experience with the porter and saw in question, only others with a saw ported by the same individual can contribute to the thread, not mods, not builders, not fanboys, cheerleaders and trolls
would require a heavy hand to delete the detritus regularly and vacations for those found in violation.

ALL threads and posts require approval from the sub-forum's mod.
A handful of guys (at least three and not any porters) will be mini-mods to approve post, that follow the rules, and it goes live in the thread.

Leave the good the bad and the ugly there for all future customers to see.
A mothertrucker like @Definitive Dave might go on in bloviated fashion for pages with pictures and videos and pie charts and another buyer might just say "I give the saw a 9 out of 10, but the builder smells funny"

NO response from the builders allowed, if a problem is fixed satisfactorily let the buyer say so...

The section should also have a sticky entitled - "so you want a ported chainsaw" that lays out what a buyer should reasonably expect and what they should do on their end and what to tell the builder before the transaction.

Providing reasonable guidance to prospective buyers can add a reputation of fairness and helpfulness and make a better customer at the same time.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lets keep commentary about this subsection to this thread or the sticky at the top
we will try to keep the actual review threads free of chatter and conversation, feel free to "like" reviews you enjoy, but please refrain from posting unless you are doing a review of a saw from the same builder
If your post doesn't show up or disappears, it isn't personal just trying to keep the forum lean mean and clean for its intended purpose
Dave

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lets keep commentary about this subsection to this thread or the sticky at the top
we will try to keep the actual review threads free of chatter and conversation, feel free to "like" reviews you enjoy, but please refrain from posting unless you are doing a review of a saw from the same builder
If your post doesn't show up or disappears, it isn't personal just trying to keep the forum lean mean and clean for its intended purpose
Dave
Does this review board of trustee's change often? Like vote in/out?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its a tyrannical shadow oligarchy at this point, we may need alternate jurors at some point, but really if this works as planned we are just maintenance technicians to approve posts on topic and delete the banter and BS :lupie:

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it coincidence that this lines up with the ebay advertising presence here? :)
Kind of reminiscent of how they handle buyer/seller discourse where the seller often gets a muzzle and the threat of bad reviews by the buyer leads to opportunistic blackmail...;):eek:
Seems like a potential can 'o worms.

I'll shut up now.

Edit; "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Ah, now I see where the 'tyrannical shadow oligarchy' part comes into play'. lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it coincidence that this lines up with the ebay advertising presence here? :)
Kind of reminiscent of how they handle buyer/seller discourse where the seller often gets a muzzle and the threat of bad reviews by the buyer leads to opportunistic blackmail...;):eek:
Seems like a potential can 'o worms.

I'll shut up now.

Edit; "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Ah, now I see where the 'tyrannical shadow oligarchy' part comes into play'. lol

I can approve posts Bill. I was hoping not to have too though. I'll be one of the builders being reviewed........so it seems weird.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im a very happy owner of a 2171w that i got from bryanr2 that he had ported by mastermind. I have ran close to 100 gallons in saw this year so far and no issues and its super strong, i use a 28 inch with 8 pin sprocket! Thanks mastermind