High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Need help i got ringworm

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't have health insurance and i can't afford to see a doctor is there a good over the counter product i can use? The itching and burning is driving me insane.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sticky tape on ya butt hole will remove them. Over the counter tablets will kill them. What a topic!

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My daughter had ring worm earlyier this year. Stuff she used was called lamasil. It was aprescription though.
The doc said that it can be itchy as heck too but hers wasnt.

TimRD

Makin' Little Ones Out of Big Ones
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When I wrestled we always put bleach on it. Just don't leave it on too long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Plan-b

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just go to the drugstore and ask the pharmasist. What you need is an antifungal cream. Its available over the counter.

The way to dignoise ringworm is to use a black light, it will flouress. Kinda like finding a tough leak with the UV dye.

When I go into the USA I hit up the dollar tree and buy cortazone cream, as I have eczema also.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you go on google ther are lots of home remadies. If you have an alovera plant that help. Teetree oil . Lots more on ther.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just go to the drugstore and ask the pharmasist. What you need is an antifungal cream. Its available over the counter.

The way to dignoise ringworm is to use a black light, it will flouress. Kinda like finding a tough leak with the UV dye.

When I go into the USA I hit up the dollar tree and buy cortazone cream, as I have eczema also.
Ring worm ain't a fungal infection, its a live parasite that lays eggs in your intestinal tract. The developed worms on the outside is not really the problem, killing the eggs inside is. This is why treatment involves oral medication and may take a day or two to properly work. I ain't a doctor & maybe your right, but that's the way I see it.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't know a whole lot about this but ringworm is a physical parasite...ain't no fungal nothing. Don't know what direction to point you in without insurance...but it ain't no fungal deal you're dealing with.

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Understanding Ringworm - the Basics
What Is Ringworm?
Worms don't cause ringworm. Rather, this superficial skin infection, also known as tinea, is caused by fungi called dermatophytes. Fungi are microscopic organisms that can live off the dead tissues of your skin, hair, and nails, much like a mushroom can grow on the bark of a tree.

Ringworm is characterized by a red ring of small blisters or a red ring of scaly skin that grows outward as the infection spreads. Though children are especially susceptible to catching ringworm, it can affect adults as well.

What Causes It?
Ringworm is caused by a fungus that grows on the skin. Once the fungus is established, it spreads out in rings. The center of the ring may clear up, while a new ring of infection develops at the edge of the old ring.

Children are most likely to get ringworm. Ringworm of the scalp can spread from child to child when children share hats, combs, or brushes. Ringworm of the body can be spread on towels, clothing, or sports equipment. Personal hygiene is important in preventing the spread of ringworm. Dogs and cats can be infected with ringworm, too, and they can pass it to people through direct contact.

Source(s): http://www.webmd.com

My kids used to contract this in the younger years. Most OTC anti-fungals will get it unless it's a severe case. Dermatophytes are not like the internal parasites that we've heard of like roundworms or hookworms. Good luck Jake.

Last edited:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i will go to the pharmacist tomorrow and ask them my best options for a over the counter treatment.
thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.

Plan-b

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't know a whole lot about this but ringworm is a physical parasite...ain't no fungal nothing. Don't know what direction to point you in without insurance...but it ain't no fungal deal you're dealing with.

Ring worm ain't a fungal infection, its a live parasite that lays eggs in your intestinal tract. The developed worms on the outside is not really the problem, killing the eggs inside is. This is why treatment involves oral medication and may take a day or two to properly work. I ain't a doctor & maybe your right, but that's the way I see it.

Sounds scary... But I think you should read this... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatophytosis

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If there is still some TBZ paste wormer for cattle available at a farm store, use it on the ringworm patches. It always worked for calves that had ringworm. One of my kids got it on her arm and the doc gave her something to treat it. But when it didn't have any effect I bought some TBZ paste and cleared it up in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i bought a tube of lotrimin ring worm this morning and started applying it so maybe it will go away soon.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real name is Tiabendazole and is a fungicide and an anti parasite medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk