Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i'm trying to rebuild this build thread from AS
hope this goes better then my first attempt

I will be as detailed as possible.
the saw is a new in the box 2153 deluxe. (heated handles)
so we start by ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and then..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................or I could--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------but what if I==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================so then__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ so there you have it. hope you found this helpfull

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i'm trying to rebuild this build thread from AS
hope this goes better then my first attempt

I will be as detailed as possible.
the saw is a new in the box 2153 deluxe. (heated handles)
so we start by .....
so there you have it. hope you found this helpfull
This 1st post reads like the typical post link bucks AS thread.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DSC00037.JPG

it' not the best pic, but it shows that the heat shield has a larger port opening then the cylinder. I match the sides and bottom, but raise the top more.
you would not want to do this to a pipe saw.

DSC00038.JPG

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

I put the sanding mandrel in the cylinder and mark the stock port with a fine line ever sharp pencil. I then measure port width.
the bore is 1.740, 65% of the bore is 1.131. that's what I want. it's at 1.004 stock

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DSC00043.JPG

I cut a divot in the center of the port window and check port timing. I repeat this until I get to 2*short of my target duration. I work one side at a time, widening and blending to the center. about .060 wider per side. I put the mandrel back in, if i'm working on the right side , I line up the mark to the port on the left side. once I get the shape I want, I mark the right side. then repeat the process on the left side. all this is done with a hog.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DSC00049.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

using the base gasket to match the base to the case is not the best, but is a good starting point. the flange needs to be widened upward in this pic to the outer corner of the port, parallel to the top line. in the past, that is where I left it. but i'm going to widen the port window . in order to do that correctly , I need to widen the entire port.