High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS200T won't stop!

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all, I have built my MS200T back up now and all seem great apart from the fact that it does not shut off when I flick the switch to 0 nothing happens!! I have to choke it to stop it,
The earth wire connection under the front handle seems good! Is there anything else that I should be looking at???
Thanks in advance for any ideas, Paul.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First verify that you can kill the engine using a temporary kill attached to the coil's kill terminal. This is because I have seen bad coils that had this problem.

Actually most switches usually need to go to I to kill as you are turning on the switch to ground the coil's terminal, though I have seen a few switches that are label backwards. Other than you need to ohm out the circuit to verify it is actually grounding out as it should.

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi There, I took the top handle apart today and I wiggled the grounding wire and it just pulled apart so it looks like the saw was not grounding when switching off, so tomorrow I will solder a new piece of earth wire on and see how we go!!

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi There, I took the top handle apart today and I wiggled the grounding wire and it just pulled apart so it looks like the saw was not grounding when switching off, so tomorrow I will solder a new piece of earth wire on and see how we go!!
Yep. I'm certainly no expert, but that is SUPER COMMON with that saw. Thankfully, a 5 minute fix.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
replace this part....1129 440 4000. its pretty cheap and no soldering required. blackgreyhounds is correct. super common.

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is there any other reason why the saw won't stop other than this part???
1129 440 4000, I ask because I have resoldered the wire and it seems fine, is the cam on the switch touching the spring? could the spring need opening out a touch??

big t double

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
generally that wire will break internally where it bends coming out from under the handle. 9 out of 10 that come in that wont kill need that wire replaced...but its certainly possible theres an issue with the cam not contacting the kill circuit. what exactly did you re-solder?

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I re-soldered the wire to the brass ring earthing clip that bolts to the mainframe!

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how many wires there are in the handle to stop the saw!
On my saw there is just one which grounds to the casing and I don't understand how just one wire can stop the saw! The wire on mine is attached to spring 1 and when the switch is turned to 0 this wire touches the pin on the plastic cam and also touches Spring 2 which has no wire attached ! Am I missing something??

big t double

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
2. A black one and a yellow w/ green stripe wire.

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got the green and yellow one but no black one!!! Where does the black one come from??

big t double

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It goes down to the coil. I have a 200 in my basement all disassembled. Gimme a few and I'll get some pics up.

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pictures! I thought that there must be another wire to complete the link, I will check this out in the morning.
(It's a quarter to one oclock in the morning here in. The U.K.)..

Paul Noon

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK I have found the kill wire from the coil, ( I never saw it as it was under the handle) it was shaved off level with the rubber grommet ! I pulled it and I reckon that with the female spade connector attached to the wire it should just do the job, Thanks once again for taking the time to take the photographs because it was this that did it for me. My last question is do you know what size the female spade / terminal connector is.?
Thanks again for your much appreciated help. Paul.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the "no kill switch topic". Is choking to kill the engine really that bad. I was always told it was a no no but never explained why.

And sorry for the hijack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the "no kill switch topic". Is choking to kill the engine really that bad. I was always told it was a no no but never explained why.

And sorry for the hijack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose it just leads to a fouled plug is all.