High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS 462 latest from BC West Coast.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 187487 I don’t know what you guys are talking about. This thing handles a 50 with authority! Lol
lolz.

Any borrowed long bar and chain that you can drag out the next day will work on a little saw like a 372/462 in a pinch to finish the last bit to keep distance on a dangerous buck or finish the last bit of what a 32/33" or 36" can't buck through merch timber on each side. On a Fall, you can cut a 8.5 -9 ft with a 36" with a window and with a deep undercut.

It's just technique once you ring a large buck out with a 'standard' length bar.
You aren't going to do an under buck or even dangle the bar weight from the handlebars. It doesn't even have to oil, It just has to bolt up and you can use throw-a-way wedges if needed that are laying around camp if you were to need need them in the top and/or side.
Where I'm from Timbers Fallers are payed well to figure out big problems with the minimum.

Some guy aren't against trading beer, weed, chew or money to riggers if it makes sense either. Like they make a mess or won't do their job where they can a little bit too much. Not the guys you want to race next to.

Maybe a 59" Stihl lite on the 462 would be better?..lol

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
lolz.

Any borrowed long bar and chain that you can drag out the next day will work on a little saw like a 372/462 in a pinch to finish the last bit to keep distance on a dangerous buck or finish the last bit of what a 32/33" or 36" can't buck through merch timber on each side. On a Fall, you can cut a 8.5 -9 ft with a 36" with a window and with a deep undercut.

It's just technique once you ring a large buck out with a 'standard' length bar.
You aren't going to do an under buck or even dangle the bar weight from the handlebars. It doesn't even have to oil, It just has to bolt up and you can use throw-a-way wedges if needed that are laying around camp if you were to need need them in the top and/or side.
Where I'm from Timbers Fallers are played well to figure out big problems with the minimum.

Some guy aren't above trading beer, weed, chew or money to riggers if it makes sense either. Like they make a mess or won't do their job where they can a little bit too much. Not the guys you want to race next to.

Maybe a 59" Stihl lite on the 462 would be better?..lol
Don’t worry, I much prefer a 32 or a 36 no matter the size of the timber.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The conversation you and I just had would be a great addition to this thread...

The sum of which, essentially is that the saws maximum bar length spec has alot to do with the saws av system design. Operating beyond it, putting larger spikes on the saw and changing the position of the fulcrum, and being ham fisted with or without a sharp chain...the saw is bound to have some failure.

Some questioned the weight of the saw giving up durability, I dont feel that's the case. I feel the end user is responsible for that, regardless of brand.

I think stihl should've kept those things in mind if that's the case personally..considering they know a good chunk of those guys that use long bars and big dawgs use their 70cc saws..

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don’t worry, I much prefer a 32 or a 36 no matter the size of the timber.
That's refreshing:)
I was starting to worry about the Oregonian way. This is way past the change of the times. This is the inertia brake age my friend. It's all about getting it done from the same one side with half the bar. finger holds, foot holds and boards if needed.

If I have being on hills for a while then I feel like I'm cheating if I don't do a big tree from 'one side' when I get on the flat.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think stihl should've kept those things in mind personally..considering they know a good chunk of those guys that use long bars and big dawgs use their 70cc saws..

I don't disagree with you. I dont think logging was the target audience of the 462, but then again...what do I know? I wasnt in the stihl product development meetings lol I'm just pleb.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't disagree with you. I dont think logging was the target audience of the 462, but then again...what do I know? I wasnt in the stihl product development meetings lol I'm just pleb.

Makes me wonder what the target was..tree services and polishers/firewood hacks ?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seeing as these saws are getting lighter and weight savings is coming from areas we are use to seeing as stronger areas this is no different then other things is life. Years ago a pair of hockey skates could be used for years and passed down as you out grew them. No days your high school player is lucky to get a season out of a pair. They are made to be lighter to make a player faster and therefore wear out much faster. This goes for the sticks they are using now as well. You rarely seen broken wood sticks and now how many of these composite sticks are broken during a game?

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No you are right. In Europe it is being marketed for a 16, 18, or 20 bar. In the whole realm of things. 'the big bar business' is a tiny market. The 441 Never was considered for the big league. First 70cc stihl saw with spring but it went nowhere. Even if it had all the capabilities? Guys prefer the 461 over 462. At least they have another chance with the 500i.
Even the 572 they moved the handlebars back (not forward) 10mm (1cm) to cater to balancing small bars. The 572 case is 200 grams lighter than the 372 so who knows if it's very forgiving when it gets hit? I have replaced wraps, covers, tanks and bars because it happens but is the case going to withstand a hit?

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No you are right. In Europe it is being marketed for a 16, 18, or 20 bar. In the whole realm of things. 'the big bar business' is a tiny market. The 441 Never was considered for the big league. First 70cc saw with spring but it went nowhere. Even if it had all the capabilities? Guys prefer the 461. At least they have another chance with the 500i.
Even the 572 they moved the handlebars back (not forward) 10mm (1cm) to cater to balancing small bars. The 572 case is 200 grams lighter than the 372 so who knows if it's very forgiving when it gets hit? I have replaced wraps, covers, tanks and bars because it happens but is the case going to withstand a hit?
I’m sure with computer engineering they can make a lighter yet stronger case with larger bearings than a saw that dates from 1996. Nothing beats field testing though imo.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's refreshing:)
I was starting to worry about the Oregonian way. This is way past the change of the times. This is the inertia brake age my friend. It's all about getting it done from the same one side with half the bar. finger holds, foot holds and boards if needed.

If I have being on hills for a while then I feel like I'm cheating if I don't do a big tree from 'one side' when I get on the flat.
10-4 on that. And I do think so much is regional or personal preference. Around here, there are almost no cutters who wear hi-vis, or hard hats with muffs and face screen. @HYPERSAWS and I do, and it is certainly my preference. It’s funny, we are known as the Canuck cutters around here.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say tree services. Lighter to go up in a bucket, or with a climber when the wood is too much for the top handle. Snappy and stout.

It's not important to me personally because I'm not a timber faller on the west coast and none of this applies to my use...

But maybe there is a price to pay for lighter components..hard to say..

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can picture the German 462 design engineer looking flushed as his brain twitches watching a West Coast faller going at it with a 36" B/C. But...sites like this opened my eyes to how different folks set up their saws in different parts of the globe. For me that saw would live with a 20" light bar in .404 99% of its life. And many here would shake their heads at that... Bottom line is the 462 has its place doing a multitude of tasks throughout the globe & do it very well. I think its the most exiting saw in Stihl's current Pro line up.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where is the chain?
More pics and vid?
It will see most of its use with a 28 or 32. I used it with a 36 for a little bit, but it was pretty soft wood. Anything harder, and it wouldn’t be too great IMO. The saw was laughing at me when I put the 50 on it for the picture.