junkman

Crush it
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try that here in some of this hickory, oak and hard maple bore cutting. LOL
I am not there ,i am here ,it buzzes through the maple here just fine. I do have to sharpen different for the smaller saw vs my bigger ones ,the chain i run on an ms440 would bog the 026 ,i heard a guy named Bob Walker say to sharpen the chain for the powerhead once ,took a bit to figure out what he was saying ,he was right. Wbf should know who i am talking about.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not there ,i am here ,it buzzes through the maple here just fine. I do have to sharpen different for the smaller saw vs my bigger ones ,the chain i run on an ms440 would bog the 026 ,i heard a guy named Bob Walker say to sharpen the chain for the powerhead once ,took a bit to figure out what he was saying ,he was right. Wbf should know who i am talking about.
I agree with you on filing the chain for the powerhead. I wouldn’t put the chain from our 390 on the 372.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jeesh a 50 cc saw will pull a 28 inch bar fine if you sharpen your chain right.
Yeah, it will. But a production difference will probably show in our situation.

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

i do, too.
think buckin billy ray does too.
28 on 10-10 & does pretty good...

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone knows Bob Walker is the chainsaws 'Godfather of Rock 'N' Roll'.
One of my best friend's dad said to me that Bob was doing his saw thing when they were little kids. 'Buckin' Billy put up an interview with him talking about having to take a job as camp filer on the north Island in like 1966ish. He was talking about the change in drives then and coming out with the Canadien and how low on power it was in comparison. Then they came out with skip chain. That's about 70 yrs experience. Saws only started in 1936.
One of the last times a talked to him was at the sprint cart racers in probably 1999. Him and Donny where tweaking up carts and he said "Well he already won the world championship race saw"..lol
1993 they won wold with the 3120.

Funny story in 1992:

Actually the the first year I got ported saws of him.
I was doing a lot of tree spacing/thinning by the hectare/acre and I was all about the speed. He was talking about a 11 race sprocket and I got all excited and wondered if I could get one and he said ..... " you will never keep your chain on".
That was the end of it.

The Mechanic I am talking about in the OP is a guy that I witnessed wrenching on outbound engines before he was 10. A couple old 18ph Johnson's from the '50s that came with the house. And he got them going. He's certified Marine/Mariner and small engine. So I told Jonny in about 2009 if he ever came across a 262 then build it for me. I wanted to relive the past. Sure enough, I show up and the saw even had a welded full wrap. It's takes the small mount bar and I try a 9 T , .325.
Chain wouldn't say on.

It took me 17 or 18 yrs later to figure out what Bob meant by that...and I said to myself..*ok now I get what he meant*..

I guess a could have said ..WHY!...what do you mean?.. lol

I was probably running all the ported 262 with 3/8 and 8T and a whole lot of JB weld for the gas tanks back in the day but I was to stupid to know the difference.

As the great quote goes:

"Nature will give up to you the object of your struggles...
when only you have payed her price".

Last edited: