AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm writing this post to ask that all of you take a moment out of your day to remember the 91 people that lost their lives to the tragic fires 6 days ago near to Athens, Greece. Also, I ask you to pray for the 25 souls that are still missing, and for the surviving families that have lost everything.

This past weekend was the beginning of the funeral services for the victims. Entire families were lost, so their surviving loved ones are really going through difficult times. The suffering of the surviving loved ones is exponentially multiplied by the revelation that the fires were apparently caused by arson.

The stories of tragedy are hard to hear. The firefighter left his home to fight the fires, and lost his wife and young child. The group of 26 that were overcome by smoke and flames and perished just meters from safety in the sea. And the father who died along with his two children that called their mother moments before their end and told her not to try and rescue them because she would die too.

There are seemingly endless accounts of the tragic losses caused by these fires. Each and every one more saddening and more difficult to hear. Yet, the resolve of the Greek people is sound and so many are rallying behind the victims and their families.

Even so, your positive thoughts, wishes and prayers are surely needed to see these folks through their tragic time.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan, I am sorry that my suspicion of arson was true. Many positive thoughts and energy to the survivors and mourners. As pro development as I am in my work life, burning forests and peoples home is no way to go about it. I hope the catch the M'fers and string them up in the town square.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry can't like that. Such a tragedy to lose so many loved ones an whole families, I can't begin to imagine how the survivors must feel. Prayers sent from Pennsylvania USA. May all the survivors find peace and solemnity in the loving comfort of God and our lord Jesus Christ.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel your pain. I used to work in II World Trade Center, and live about an hour North of 9/11. Kids my Daughter's knew in local schools lost a parent … tough stuff.

Our prayers are with you and the survivors.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cant like any of this. Loss of life, the children...goodness, it brings a tear to my eyes just thinking about it.

Last edited:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel your pain. I used to work in II World Trade Center, and live about an hour North of 9/11. Kids my Daughter's knew in local schools lost a parent … tough stuff.

Our prayers are with you and the survivors.

Very tough when something tragic like this happens, Mike. Our friends and family were the lucky ones. So, our hearts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
murder is murder, He who reigns supreme will decide their fate...not us paltry humans.

I truly believe that justice will be done. It's not retribution for their losses, but will hopefully protect others from being affected.

I cant like any of this. Loss of life, the children...goodness, it brings a tear to my eyes just thinking about it.

Very tough indeed.