Lisle seal Puller?

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have the FIT puller and used it on a 026.had to file down the hooks.still worked though.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
^^ that right there for tough ones , small hole and a screw in the right place .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While on the subject it seems quite a few people get seals f---ked up by rolling the lip on install .Especially on some models of Husqvarna where the step in the crank the seal rides doesn't have much taper .

It simple enough to do if you use some type of expander .My favorite is the small plastic tubes that taps and some drill bits come in .Don't forget to lay the oil to it.

Then again I'm somewhat of an oil freak.I use a lot .If it doesn't blow blue smoke after first start for a couple of minutes I fear I didn't use enough .

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here goes as promised. Finally got around to trying out that new FIT seal pulling contraption on a MS440. Clutch side worked great, flywheel side not so much. Although I might not have ground down the flanges far enough to work properly. Went into full primitive mode and got 'er done.IMG_20160817_174920_565.jpg

IMG_20160817_174741_476.jpg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the Stihl seal puller, many times it won't hold onto the seal. I've found tearing the rubber out helps.

I don't feel so bad now. I guess full primitive mode might have to become standard procedure for those little bitty seals. I also gave the seal a slight tap to "unseat it" so the puller did not have to do as much work.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't feel so bad now. I guess full primitive mode might have to become standard procedure for those little bitty seals. I also gave the seal a slight tap to "unseat it" so the puller did not have to do as much work.

You just described exactly what I end up doing most of the time.

I've been thinking about grinding deeper catches into the puller jaws too.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still doesn't feel right messing around the crankshaft with a piercing punch or screwdriver or some such thing. But if that is all it will respond to...

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg Just made and pulled my first seals on an 066. Next is the Redneck case splitting ? Heard to punch alignment pins out, heat, plastic hammer on crank ? Guess I'll see.

Thanks to this forum a guy can learn a lot.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought one of those, messed with it for ten minutes, and it's sat in a toolbox ever since. I use a flat blade screwdriver with a hook ground into the end of it. I use a small punch and knock one side of the seal in just enough to dislodge the seal a bit, then hook it with the screwdriver and pull it right out. I'll find a picture of it and get back to you.

Edit: Found the picture. I literally used this to replace a seal in an 024 on Sunday.

I need to do this above. Always forget to do it.

I just pulled 268 fly seal with the ole drywall screw and pliers method.

p35003450 008.JPG

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
well i have a good hammer and a very good small flat screwdriver ......... i hit the *f-wording seal until i destroyed it

( dont worry the eggs will not break if you work with care )

then you can use every tool ( seal puller ) that you have available

for the history the shiny high price stihl - husqy tools in some cases give you more troubles than make your life easier

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here goes as promised. Finally got around to trying out that new FIT seal pulling contraption on a MS440. Clutch side worked great, flywheel side not so much. Although I might not have ground down the flanges far enough to work properly. Went into full primitive mode and got 'er done.View attachment 30641

View attachment 30640

why you dont make a try to copy the oem stihl puller ?? cost nothing and fit to every saw out there

steven welte

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have two of those pullers and the lip is very hard to get hooked into the seal for pulling. I have tried modifying the lip but they will break very easy if not careful.
The other problem I have is trying to find just that part for replacement and cannot. So then the puller just becomes worthless.
I have found any more on certain seals to just use the ole sheet metal screw and a screw driver to pry them out. Some times it is just a lot less frustrating.
believe it or not but you can find those at walmart.com just type in lisle seal puller number and they come up......and they are very cheap also........ less than a dollar each i bought 10 of them