Lisle seal Puller?

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who use the Lisle seal puller 59430. How narrow have you ground the hook down to for Stihl 026 flywheel side seals. There is not much to grab.

Jeremy

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have two of those pullers and the lip is very hard to get hooked into the seal for pulling. I have tried modifying the lip but they will break very easy if not careful.
The other problem I have is trying to find just that part for replacement and cannot. So then the puller just becomes worthless.
I have found any more on certain seals to just use the ole sheet metal screw and a screw driver to pry them out. Some times it is just a lot less frustrating.

Last edited:

Gritz

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought one of those, messed with it for ten minutes, and it's sat in a toolbox ever since. I use a flat blade screwdriver with a hook ground into the end of it. I use a small punch and knock one side of the seal in just enough to dislodge the seal a bit, then hook it with the screwdriver and pull it right out. I'll find a picture of it and get back to you.

Edit: Found the picture. I literally used this to replace a seal in an 024 on Sunday.

Last edited:

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Have to agree on the seal puller from lisle being pretty worthless. I haven't had any of those tools that were worth the powder to blow them up actually. I'll have to modify a pry driver next time I do a seal. Great input fellas

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I moved this one over to the saw forum......you'll get more replies there.

Thank you.

Someone posted this in another forum. Looks interesting for $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-Crank-B...:g:fXoAAOSw1XdUXbAO&item=252063160974&vxp=mtr

eBay item number: 252063160974 FIT Crank Bearing Seal Remover

Philbert

That looks interesting. You guys are enabling my tool hoarding addiction as well as CAD. I'll buy a tool even if I only use it once as long as it looks good in my box.

Jeremy

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not tried this myself - just passing on what someone else posted another forum. I would also be interested to hear how it works (or doesn't) on chainsaws.

Philbert

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I use my wifes kitchen tools for repair chainsaws
images
they do the job perfect every time , so perfect as the Lisle and ebay seals pullers that some here recomend ( except the flat screwdriver post )

Evanrude

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This isn't good news, I just bought one of the damn things...

I've tried picks and grinding various tools into hooks and never had made anything that was better than another. I'm glad a couple of you have shared a pic of your screwdrivers turned into seal pluckers, now I can use it as a guide to make the right tool to pull the little... uh, seals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gritz

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This isn't good news, I just bought one of the damn things...

I've tried picks and grinding various tools into hooks and never had made anything that was better than another. I'm glad a couple of you have shared a pic of your screwdrivers turned into seal pluckers, now I can use it as a guide to make the right tool to pull the little... uh, seals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just remember to use a small punch and drive one side of the seal in just a bit. Then pull up on the opposite side. Don't pry against the case if you can help it. If you absolutely have to pry, put a thin chunk of cardboard, cereal box will work, in between the screwdriver and the case. The mag case is actually pretty soft and marks up pretty easily with the screwdriver.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone posted this in another forum. Looks interesting for $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-Crank-B...:g:fXoAAOSw1XdUXbAO&item=252063160974&vxp=mtr

eBay item number: 252063160974 FIT Crank Bearing Seal Remover

Philbert

If anyone gets that seal puller you mentioned, I would be interested in hearing how it works out for them.

I just ordered one to try out, see how it goes, will be giving it a go on a Husqvarna first unfortunately, I would rather try it on a Stihl as those little seals are the ones that drive me nuts.

redtractor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use my wifes kitchen tools for repair chainsaws
images
they do the job perfect every time , so perfect as the Lisle and ebay seals pullers that some here recomend ( except the flat screwdriver post )
Doesn't that make dinner taste funny?