Jonsered Shocker!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way things are going with these OPE companies, one never really knows or better yet understands the " Chess Moves " being made, good, bad or otherwise for the end user.

I mean, what's next? Stihl being sold in big box stores??
Stihl us. Ace hardware in the east and all kinds of farm stores out west

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...what Jonsered Models will actually carry over to Redmax? And are all the dealers carrying Jonsered going to change their signs to "Redmax"? Guess that means the Jonsered rep's now will be trying to open Redmax dealers? Any Autotunes in the mix?

Any Jonsered dealer can be a RedMax dealer with a qualifying wholegoods order. In most areas the Jonsered and RedMax came from the same distribution.

Only "Auto Tune" saw as of now is the GZ5000 which is the CS2252 relabeled.

The RedMax Chainsaws will be marketed toward landscapers and Arborists. They are not going after the Logging/Firewood market. That market is flooded by the other two brands.

7535fff7f4c3c0b6fdb6e0cce50cebfd.jpg

Last edited:

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's see here. They are cutting down Jonsered saws to almost nothing but still pushing mowers, cordless weedeaters, and hedge trimmers. I really don't get it. I really don't.:confundio1:

There is a lot more to this stuff than Chainsaws.

I've known about this shakeup for a couple years.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The thing is, it doesn't bother me in the least that Husky, Stihl, Johnny and whoever has a "homeowner" line that is available in the box stores. It all helps to support the brand recognition as well as maintain or even grow a customer base. Maybe even cause the box store customer who was happy with his 460 Rancher, Farm Boss, etc to step into the "pro" saws for the next purchase for whatever reason. IDK, I'm no marketing expert...just the way I see it as an average person.

What I don't get is all but gutting the highest quality models from a brand that has a very loyal even if smaller by market share comparison following and then rebadging them with a brand that has an even smaller market share in saw sales and ownership. I mean, we are talking the Chevy and GMC pickup trucks of saw world here in this Husky-Johnny-Red relationship... both have their market share and I don't think GM is going to axe one or the other any time soon. I just don't see this as anything but a net loss, for the consumer or the manufacturer... But, I have always been one to buck change... so that's my pessimistically leaning view on it.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That pressure leads to some pretty strange "shot in the dark" ideas like Red Max comercial mowers. Seems like an obviously dumb idea, but these guys are under constant pressure to come up with something new. No new ideas, then why are you there? So, sometimes they pick the least stupid from a list of bad ideas and hope for the best.
This is similar but opposite to a program at work for troubleshooting. One of the correct answers when being tested on your knowledge is “do nothing”. You are considered failing if “do nothing” is NOT one of the options you’ve considered while trying to solve a problem at work. Makes sense to someone I guess.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way things are going with these OPE companies, one never really knows or better yet understands the " Chess Moves " being made, good, bad or otherwise for the end user.

I mean, what's next? Stihl being sold in big box stores??

Stihl is already sold in small to medium size box stores. Our Rural King is as big as Lowe's and sells more Stihl than anybody in the county.

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the Jonsered / Poulan/ Poulan Pro / Weedeater brands will be sold by a different distribution network. Four different distributors across the country.

So if you need a part for a CS2171 you will have to go to a RedMax dealer because a Jonsered Consumer Brand dealer won't be able to get those parts. RedMax distributors will support Pro Class Jonsered parts as long as Husqvarna supplies them. Will that be Seven Years or could be longer nobody knows.

sweetjetskier

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was being facetious, Most of us know Stihl has had a huge national/regional sales presence for years in large ( 100 plus stores not out the realm) hardware and farm chains across the US.

Whomever the OPE brand, as long as the end user is able to walk away from the store with the needed equipment, parts, accessories, etc they were after or were able to order, that is the ultimate goal for a happy customer. Edit: Happy return customer to keep spending money with that dealer for years to come.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How 'bout just go ahead and officially mash the two brands together into JonseRedmax? They've already done everything else necessary.

While we are griping about this topic, I have to add that I think "Redmax" is a really dumb sounding name. It sounds like the name of a chemical laden energy drink or an oil treatment that claims to boost compression and hp 400%. Zenoah, the actual name of the manufacturer, sounds way better.

Last edited:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How 'bout just go ahead and officially mash the two brands together into JonseRedmax? They've already done everything else necessary.

While we are griping about this topic, I have to add that I think "Redmax" is a really dumb sounding name. It sounds like the name of a chemical laden energy drink or an oil treatment that claims to boost compression and hp 400%. Zenoah, the actual name of the manufacturer, sounds way better.
Red Bull :D