Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I talked to John yesterday.
He is apologetic and says he will refund fully as soon as he is able.
His side of the situation is different, I will recount it here.

His story is that he sold the saw which was a fully ported hybrid 440/460.
After the deal was finalized but before the saw shipped, he was asked to replace ported jug with a stock jug.
He tore it down and installed the only MS460 cylinder he had, which was a new Meteor kit.
This is how the saw shipped to new owner (assuming Kw trees).
After some time and use by the owner, he was told the saw had died during use and he agreed to repair it for free.
He tore the saw down and thought the jug would clean up easily and would be good to go with a new piston.
He saw it had been lean seized but couldn't tell if it might be an air leak, bad tune, bad fuel, etc.
The owner told him that only an OEM cylinder would be acceptable at this point.
John called around to all his contacts to find an 046 or MS460 OEM used cylinder - I can verify he called me about it at least twice but I didn't know anything about the situation at the time. He struck out continually until a guy offered up the one that is in rough shape, but operational in the pics earlier in this thread. He bought shipped it in and cleaned it up as best he could, installed a piston to ship back to customer. The customer asked him to ship it to a friend (assuming Fruecrue).
John did as he was asked.
After some amount of time passes, he hears back that the friend has removed the cylinder to check out the saw and that the saw is junk, *s-wordty cylinder, aftermarket crankshaft.
The owner says he is shipping the saw back again and wants a refund of the full purchase price.
When the saw arrives back in Florida, he looks it over , he splits the cases to send the owner a pic of the Stihl logo and part number on the OEM crank inside.
At this point John has torn the clean minty hybrid saw down three times, provided 2 extra cylinders and an extra shipping trip and has long since spent the original purchase funds.
John told him he would refund the money as soon as he sold the saw again.
He wishes he had backed out of the deal as soon as the owner wanted the original cylinder swap and sold to someone who actually wanted a ported saw.
He plans to refund the purchase as soon as he is able.
He want's people to know he is not JMS or Chainsaw Jim.
That is what he told me.

In my dealings, I would have made it right or offered a refund at the first problem.
I'm not sure how much time passed between the customer getting the saw and the lean seize, anything over thirty days would make me question the situation if I was the seller.

I have no dog in the fight and have dealt with John and Dave multiple times in the past and have been to GTGS with both.

Dave

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I talked to John yesterday.
He is apologetic and says he will refund fully as soon as he is able.
His side of the situation is different, I will recount it here.

His story is that he sold the saw which was a fully ported hybrid 440/460.
After the deal was finalized but before the saw shipped, he was asked to replace ported jug with a stock jug.
He tore it down and installed the only MS460 cylinder he had, which was a new Meteor kit.
This is how the saw shipped to new owner (assuming Kw trees).
After some time and use by the owner, he was told the saw had died during use and he agreed to repair it for free.
He tore the saw down and thought the jug would clean up easily and would be good to go with a new piston.
He saw it had been lean seized but couldn't tell if it might be an air leak, bad tune, bad fuel, etc.
The owner told him that only an OEM cylinder would be acceptable at this point.
John called around to all his contacts to find an 046 or MS460 OEM used cylinder - I can verify he called me about it at least twice but I didn't know anything about the situation at the time. He struck out continually until a guy offered up the one that is in rough shape, but operational in the pics earlier in this thread. He bought shipped it in and cleaned it up as best he could, installed a piston to ship back to customer. The customer asked him to ship it to a friend (assuming Fruecrue).
John did as he was asked.
After some amount of time passes, he hears back that the friend has removed the cylinder to check out the saw and that the saw is junk, *s-wordty cylinder, aftermarket crankshaft.
The owner says he is shipping the saw back again and wants a refund of the full purchase price.
When the saw arrives back in Florida, he looks it over , he splits the cases to send the owner a pic of the Stihl logo and part number on the OEM crank inside.
At this point John has torn the clean minty hybrid saw down three times, provided 2 extra cylinders and an extra shipping trip and has long since spent the original purchase funds.
John told him he would refund the money as soon as he sold the saw again.
He wishes he had backed out of the deal as soon as the owner wanted the original cylinder swap and sold to someone who actually wanted a ported saw.
He plans to refund the purchase as soon as he is able.
He want's people to know he is not JMS or Chainsaw Jim.
That is what he told me.

In my dealings, I would have made it right or offered a refund at the first problem.
I'm not sure how much time passed between the customer getting the saw and the lean seize, anything over thirty days would make me question the situation if I was the seller.

I have no dog in the fight and have dealt with John and Dave multiple times in the past and have been to GTGS with both.

Dave

Thanks for getting John's side of this Dave. I hate seeing guys beat up without hearing their side of the story.

Hopefully John can get this saw back together, sold, and get Ken his refund. Then we can put the whole thing in the rearview mirror and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.