It only took 7 years...

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F41B4B38-C510-4BE3-B547-07ECCE4D360A.jpeg Woohoo!!!

Some of you that were on Arboristsite years ago may remember this story. Back in May, 2014 I found a Poulan 5200 for sale outside Ft. Worth, TX for a reasonable price. I spoke to the seller and agreed to buy it but he did not have PayPal so I ended up sending a postal money order. Despite me sending it Priority Mail it took 10 days to be delivered.

After waiting a reasonable period for the saw to arrive I contacted the seller to find out he had not shipped it and claimed he had no money to do so. I pounded on him by phone until the number was disconnected and then did some skiptracing and located his mother (who worked for the Tarrant County Court System). I called her a couple of times to try to get him to ship the saw with no results. I tried to elicit anyone in the Dallas area on AS to pay him a visit and even told one guy he could keep it if he recovered it.

Fast forward to January of this year and I was cleaning up an old e-mail account and found a message from 2019 from the guy asking if I still wanted the saw. I responded back that I did and after much more back and forth over the next 3 1/2 months the saw finally arrived.

I can’t decide whether to frame it to celebrate my success or to sell it to get rid of the bad karma.

F41B4B38-C510-4BE3-B547-07ECCE4D360A.jpeg It

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congratulations!

I'd have a love/hate relationship with that saw, that's for certain.

Do You still want to own a 5200, if so keep her!
Keep in mind the saw had nothing to do with the transaction.
Karma may reward You if You see this through.

Good luck whether You decide to keep or sell her!

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I vote for keeping her. Sweet Poulan.
Keep as a reminder for the lesson learned.
No kudos given to the seller but, he followed thru ...... :facepalm: