I'm going crazy(with boredom)!

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been off work off since the 15th because I fractured my wrist on a job. Pain isn't horrible but it's enough to be bothersome. Had a follow up appointment with an orthopedic doctor today. They took more x-rays and found it's more fractured than the urgent care clinic originally thought. Still no need for surgery, but put me off work for at least 2 more weeks. I'm starting to go stir crazy! I can't really do much of anything, I'm really hoping workers comp steps up with some $ soon. We can't afford me being off much longer, and my future wood supply is suffering!

Rant over, I'm just so bored!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got chains to sharpen? That sucks, hope you have a speedy recovery. Wrist injuries suck, too many tiny little bones in there. They can take a while to heal.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got chains to sharpen? That sucks, hope you have a speedy recovery. Wrist injuries suck, too many tiny little bones in there. They can take a while to heal.
I do have a couple, but I can't really hold the file with this stupid cast they just installed, which is already driving me nuts!

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do have a couple, but I can't really hold the file with this stupid cast they just installed, which is already driving me nuts!

Working with a cast sucks. You can't seem to grip anything properly.
A number of years ago I had to have my hand screwed back together. It was just before bird hunting season started. My surgeon was a bird hunter and let me bring the receiver of an O/U shotgun with me when he operated. He formed the cast around the pistol grip, enough for me to shoot. A fiberglass cast has a finish like a rasp. I pretty much destroyed the stock and ended up having to replace it after the cast came off.

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get it. I broke my left leg about two weeks ago. No weight on the left leg for 6 weeks. I was helping a friend cut wood when I did it. Tired of my chair and watching tv.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get it. I broke my left leg about two weeks ago. No weight on the left leg for 6 weeks. I was helping a friend cut wood when I did it. Tired of my chair and watching tv.
That seriously sucks.
I can't imagine six weeks sitting on my ass doing nothing.
I hope your friend is returning the favor and helping you out.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well, I know what you're going through. Did the same thing with my left ankle just about two years ago. We can both be thankful we didn't mess up the other leg though, at least you can drive while your laid up. Good luck on a speedy recovery and don't skimp on the PT.