High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I noticed a problem with my ported 044...

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bearings were new before porting!

Last edited:

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have done all I can to figure it out without splitting the case. Randy wants that honor so he will have to enlighten us if that is possible. I'll clean it up and get some gaskets and bearings and send it all to him. Thanks for everyone's input!

Last edited:

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That answers my question then, that damage was before rebuild
I have pics from when I built it but not sure if I have any of that part of the crank case. I'll check when I get home from work.

SquareFile

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My best uneducated guess is, bridge ports released to much pixie dust.......epic failure.:hello: :meparto:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My guess? A shaving from doing a muff mod. It could have been in the muffler for an indeterminate period of time attached to the underside of a hole and then found it's way into the engine. I had a circlip ear tear up a piston/cylinder and it got both sides of the cylinder so it must have gone through the piston's window or around the transfers or something. At any rate, a piece of debris can move around in an engine and wreak havoc. Without forensic analysis, there's probably no way to be sure of its origin. (I know a guy that could probably compare that sample of debris with other parts of the saw...)