I guess I been banned by the Fox of AS

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had good luck spraying full strength glyphosate mixed with diesel on stumps and girdled trees. Depends on time of year, but it works on everything except a few species of trees and vines.
Mulberry?? I use just glyphosate. But mulberry seems immune

Reactions: Lnk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Drill some holes in the tree you want to kill and put the chemical mixture in said holes and seal em. If you do it in the fall the mixture should get pulled into the roots when the sap returns and the tree should be permo dead by spring.

That might be why the mentioned doing it in August. It allows the sap to cary it to the roots?

More or less thinking out load.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mulberry?? I use just glyphosate. But mulberry seems immune
Mulberry is planted by the birds that have the ability to make bombing runs on your freshly washed automobile .That is a classic example of poop without a bag .Pretty good firewood,second cousin to Ossage orange .That species has male and female plants .In my litle corner of the woods I have one male about 75 feet from the house and I think three females 200 yards away that all produce berries .The birds know exactly when they get nice and ripe for bombing runs .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have a few more calls to make but most of the answers I am getting are about the same.

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is the option to plant fruitless mulberries if you are worried about bombing runs...
Not worried, I actually want the mulberries, have to compete with the birds for them as it is now.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Green cut mulberry has sap about like a rubber tree or what I think rubber tree has .Hard as a rock once it's dry . Fact is I've never seen a rubber tree nor a redwood for that matter .Just stuck in a giant corn field in the eastern corn belt .BTW we grow better corn than Iowa just not as much of it .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are scrub and invade every area they are in. I would prefer Black Locust. It is great firewood and great for fence posts. It grows somewhat straight and tall. At maturity makes nice lumber.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Green cut mulberry has sap about like a rubber tree or what I think rubber tree has .Hard as a rock once it's dry . Fact is I've never seen a rubber tree nor a redwood for that matter .Just stuck in a giant corn field in the eastern corn belt .BTW we grow better corn than Iowa just not as much of it .
How is that

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems to be some tension brewing. Grow up men!