Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
6:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok.... among other frustrations today...

I went to put the huztl muffler on the ms360 kit saw, and it clearly wasn't lining up.

When I cinched down the main muffler bolts, the front lower bolts weren't close. hmm

Upon closer examination, I put the muffler in what looks like the proper place without bolts, and it looks like there's about 3/16" gap between the muffler and the cylinder head.... about 4-5 gaskets worth.

?????????????????????????

Was the muffler made incorrectly...not deep enough? I did a cylinder base gasket delete, but haven't touched the exhaust outlet ...uh...length or the muffler.

I don't have another muff, so I guess I'm stuck till I get one. ... OR I can machine the case by 3/16" where the lower bolts attach... with my dremel. Thats a lot of grinding on a case.....ideas?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen 262xp that has had such a spacer....but didn't need it. This clearly needs it. Or I need to make one....

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thats grease :)

Ok.... made a spacer. ...was too thick. doubled up on the gaskets...happened to have extra. ...modded the lower bolt holes a bit and got it to fit. .... still cruddy.

I don't have a brass stiffener in the kit. ...there is no piece that goes at the end of that hose....

...hehe...i said hoes

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spacers---

Originally found in 034 ipl.
They're needed in some 034-036 conversions depending on the case and muffler. My 034/036 did not need one w a Hyway cylinder and 036 muffler.

We had an AM cylinder that needed one for an 036 case/muffler.

Want one? Made by a member here...