High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 575xp coil question

Nohandsjoe

New OPE Member
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve been trolling around on here for a while, but this is my first post, so if it’s in the wrong place, I apologize in advance. I’ve read a lot of posts about Husqvarna coils, but I’m more confused than I was before. I lost my coil a week ago, and ordered a new one online. Here are the numbers off of my original coil.
1360Q/114
544 04 72-03
2007 W10
810 206 20
I ordered a blue Chinese coil mostly to make sure it was my coil causing my problems. It was, and after changing it, it started right up and had great throttle response, but it acts like the rev limiter on this coil is too low. I don’t have a tach yet to see exactly where it’s limiting, but I never had this problem with the old coil. I can’t richen the top end enough to keep it off of the limiter. So... can someone tell me the part number of the coil I want to get. I’d rather have the non-limited coil, but read that the advance curve is maybe a little better in the limited ones. This saw is bone stock, and I don’t have any plans to mod it so the non-limited coil is just for ease of tuning. Thanks in advance.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Woodpecker or @Mastermind could move this to the Chainsaw section where it might get more views.

I’m not all that familiar with the model and it’s different variations

Nohandsjoe

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Can this be moved to the chainsaw section, or should I repost there?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OEM stock blue coil I've seen on these is 544047201 - I believe it's a 13k coil. I may have one in my stuff and I'll check some time this week.

Tugg

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The blue coils are rev limiter, grey are auto tune. When dealing in aftermarket it is always a added variable. The last time I tried to tune a 576 with the rev limiter without a tach. I made more progress tuning it in wood.

Nohandsjoe

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My plan is to put an OEM coil back in it. I wonder if that Chinese coil I got had the rev limiter just set too low. I tried tuning in wood, and I can get it to clean up under a pretty hard load, but as soon as I lift a little, it will start hitting the limiter. I had the high speed open 4 or 5 turns and it would still hit the limiter. And it was obviously too rich.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My plan is to put an OEM coil back in it. I wonder if that Chinese coil I got had the rev limiter just set too low. I tried tuning in wood, and I can get it to clean up under a pretty hard load, but as soon as I lift a little, it will start hitting the limiter. I had the high speed open 4 or 5 turns and it would still hit the limiter. And it was obviously too rich.
Could it just be 4 stroking hard?

Nohandsjoe

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is 4 stroking, but it’s definitely hitting the limiter. I’ve had this saw for several years, so I know it pretty well, and it’s not getting near the RPM’s it was with the original coil. I will say that it seems to run really strong with the new coil, it had great throttle response, it was just limited way too much. It also seems like it had a surge to it when it was in the cut. So that’s what got me to researching, and then I fell down the rabbit hole reading about how some limited coils actually have a better advance curve, and how some coils work better for some saws even though they aren’t the correct coil (per Husqvarna) for that specific saw. I was happy with how the saw ran before, so I think I’d be happy just going back to oem.