High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 550xp pop up

WoodsliverDan

Mechanical Beaver Builder
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
How are they doing with heat after timing advance? That's my main concern.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not add surface area to the fins, cuts into the edges? Open up some of the tight squeezes between the fins: around the ports and where unnecessary casting material is. A question I've had for a while: would polished fins cool better with faster flow to slip by closer to the surface or would the stock or a rougher finish be better for cycling fresh cool air from the channels between the fins?

heatsink car engine.jpg car heatsink head.jpg

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
julian and I have done a lot of cylinder temp testing on both stock and ported saws.
I don't think the lite mods your doing is going to increase cylinder temps

'Lite' mods? Uhh ok. Compression, rpms and timing create heat. This saw is already known to overheat. Maybe stick to a saw you're more familiar with, I'm looking for real answers on this model. Thanks.

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much weight did you remove from the piston?

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'Lite' mods? Uhh ok. Compression, rpms and timing create heat. This saw is already known to overheat. Maybe stick to a saw you're more familiar with, I'm looking for real answers on this model. Thanks.
lol yeah Scott. sounds like you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should stfu.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

lol, wow dude I don't know why your asking any questions, you seem to already know all the answers.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know who you're talking to?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Scott, please explain what else there is to do to a 550xp, cylinder/piston mod wise? I have not heard anything about ignition timing so I asked.

I'll wait.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scott, please explain what else there is to do to a 550xp, cylinder/piston mod wise? I have not heard anything about ignition timing so I asked.

I'll wait.
He can't explain in a thread or via pics what took him 40 years to learn. Also, no 2 guys will port a saw the same way so what works for others may not work for you.