Husqvarna 338xpt

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've got a husky 338xpt California edition. I'm trying to get it switched over to .325. I've already got the bar, chain, new clutch hub and sprocket that change it over from a spur type clutch hub to a rim sprocket.
Does anyone know where I can get an oil pump drive for this saw that will work with rim sprocket type clutch hub?

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone else is ever looking to convert their 338xpt from a spur type clutch hub to a rim sprocket style setup search for parts for the newest model 339. That's what I had to do although the parts haven't arrived yet I believe they will work.

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would you be interested in rebuilding one?
These things are such a pain in the @$$ to work on. One of the most frustrating, cramped saws I've ever seen. If you really need one rebuilt sent me a PM. I'm sure I can do it. Probably have a couple week lead time once I get the saw. I've got several in front of it waiting.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These things are such a pain in the @$$ to work on. One of the most frustrating, cramped saws I've ever seen. If you really need one rebuilt sent me a PM. I'm sure I can do it. Probably have a couple week lead time once I get the saw. I've got several in front of it waiting.
Pain in the ass is 100% correct. Carburetors are a big issue on these. I've got two project saws (335 + 338) in a box and three carbs for them and none of them want to make a runner.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2139 I’ve been round and round with and just picked up a low compression 338. Also have a parts saw 335 but I don’t think there’s much good on it

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2139 I’ve been round and round with and just picked up a low compression 338. Also have a parts saw 335 but I don’t think there’s much good on it

I've got a couple saws to build for members here and when I'm done with those, I'm going to see about converting a different carburetor for this platform. So if I find something that works, I'll send you the details on it.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think once I found the same kit fit my 2050 carbs. That’s about all I can add.

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone else is ever looking to convert their 338xpt from a spur type clutch hub to a rim sprocket style setup search for parts for the newest model 339. That's what I had to do although the parts haven't arrived yet I believe they will work.
I take this statement back. As bad as I hate it. I just got an email from the place I ordered the oil pump drive and they said "the manufacturer discontinued the item you order several years ago, and we can longer get them". So it back to square one on trying to find an oil pump drive to convert to a rim sprocket type of setup.

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like the part I'm after is Husqvarna/Redmax Part# 503789204 if anyone has any access to any parts.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I take this statement back. As bad as I hate it. I just got an email from the place I ordered the oil pump drive and they said "the manufacturer discontinued the item you order several years ago, and we can longer get them". So it back to square one on trying to find an oil pump drive to convert to a rim sprocket type of setup.

Keep your order in place, because sometimes they do runs of previously NLA parts

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag