czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm working on this trimmer.....

Guys brings me this thing with the normal problems so I do the normal...

1. Fuel lines & filter
2. Carburetor kit
3. Primer bulb & spark plug
4. Cleaned air filter
5. Cleaned Muffler screen

It runs great!! I run 3/4 of a tank of fuel trimming fence!
He picks it up and runs a few tanks through it and said it run great! The next day he couldn't get it to start....
I tell him to bring it back and I'll look at it.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I checked it over for Spark, fuel, both filters air/fuel. All good... Checked kill switch....with my meter it's good.
I also checked the tank vent all good.
I pulled the carb and check it again... Seemed good checked it with a my mouth and a piece of line seemed good..

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was leaving for vacation and told him that I'll drop of my trimmer for him to use and I'll sort his out when I get back... So when I left I ordered a new carb because I forgot to say it seemed to be dumping fuel.. And I just want this thing fixed!!
Ok put new carb on and it's a no go!

I'm lost and having my first senior moment or I'm still on vacation...

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Make sure there isn't a load of liquid fuel in the crankcase in case its flooded out . I had a situation along these lines and got a shot glass full out of one through the carb intake with the piston at TDS ...other than that if your sure there is no other fuel issue !( Metering needle not sealing ) and its getting the right amount of fuel then it looks like spark /ignition issues.
Edit: Primmer bulb ??? working and connected correctly ?

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! I never check to see if the case was loaded with fuel..... The "primer" or air purge is correct.
I'm stuck at work and have been thinking about this thing... I agree it could have been the metering valve on the carb I rebuilt not seating and it got flooded with fuel.... It will have to wait until later tonight.. Thanks again.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks! I never check to see if the case was loaded with fuel..... The "primer" or air purge is correct.
I'm stuck at work and have been thinking about this thing... I agree it could have been the metering valve on the carb I rebuilt not seating and it got flooded with fuel.... It will have to wait until later tonight.. Thanks again.
Post up more info if there isnt anything in what i came up with as thoughts....Have been stumped many a time so im with you on the "frustration" side of things. :)

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Muffler had fuel in it when I pulled it off. Blowed it out best I could and pulled the plug and held that stupid thing in every direction I could and pulled it over with no muffler and gas in the tank. Never really got any fuel from the crankcase... Put it back together and it's a no go... Has to be the coil?? It's got spark and compression....

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Muffler had fuel in it when I pulled it off. Blowed it out best I could and pulled the plug and held that stupid thing in every direction I could and pulled it over with no muffler and gas in the tank. Never really got any fuel from the crankcase... Put it back together and it's a no go... Has to be the coil?? It's got spark and compression....
Hummm...not even a pop ? so is the plug wet after your pulling it to try a start.

dl5205

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I'm 'working' on my own, ancient 322c AND 326Rx currently. I can offer no educated insight, only empathy. I have little experience fixing whipperSnippers and I find them awkward.

How common is it for these accursed gadgets to get out of time?

Can something in the carby get damaged if the knuckleheaded fixit guy installs the P bulb bassackwards?

I begged for a manual over @ AnotherSite and have found no joy yet.

Good luck.

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hummm...not even a pop ? so is the plug wet after your pulling it to try a start.

Not even a popcorn fart of a pop!! Plugs wet and the new carb is adjusted close...

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel your pain. I'm 'working' on my own, ancient 322c AND 326Rx currently. I can offer no educated insight, only empathy. I have little experience fixing whipperSnippers and I find them awkward.

How common is it for these accursed gadgets to get out of time?

Can something in the carby get damaged if the knuckleheaded fixit guy installs the P bulb bassackwards?

I begged for a manual over @ AnotherSite and have found no joy yet.

Good luck.

A broken flywheel key will put out of time.... So that might be it.

knuckleheaded

That's me....:eek:

dl5205

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the link, czar800.

What I'm really looking for is a workshop/ repair manual for the 326Rx. Particularly, I need to know how to pull the clutch and flywheel without breaking everything.

Thanks again, though and Good Luck.

stikine

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on my 3rd coil for a 335. I suspect they heat up and fail at some point...aggravating, but easy to fix.

The micro cracks in fuel lines and purge bulb were harder to diagnose but it sounds like you changed those already.

stikine

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Particularly, I need to know how to pull the clutch and flywheel without breaking everything.

Once you remove flywheel nut I lightly tapped the end of the shaft with brass hammer and it popped off. You may need to lightly pry at the same time while tapping?

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many trimmers need: Torx 20 or T25 or T27 to take clutch drum off. Then rope as piston stop and vise grips to remove clutch. Or air ratchet with clutch tool. I can't recall if they are RH or LH threads - clutch probably has OFF with an arrow. I remove flywheel by backing nut off till it's 1/4 off and tapping nut as I hold flywheel. Protects crankshaft threads.