Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't had time to get back to it yet, I used a spark plug tester it's getting a strong spark. I peaked through the spark plug hole and can tell that the cylinder looks nice and clean no scoring. I know it's getting fuel as the plug is wet I'm thinking maybe it's getting too much fuel but I tried turning the carb screws all the way in with fuel in the cylinder and the saw still won't pop. I'm thinking that the coil is firing at the wrong time. I will start checking more tomorrow when I'm off work.
Hold the trigger WFO with the choke off
While trying to start it.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pressure check the carb. Shouldn’t take long. Could be totally flooding out too.

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so I think the problem is resolved. I believe the owner of the saw tried to start it so many times that it was really severely flooded. I ended up draining the saw, disconnected the fuel line, removed the spark plug and turned the saw upside down and kept pulling until I finally got all the gas out it took a while pulling before it was finally dry. I'm guessing the crankcase was full of fuel as well. After that I put the plug back in with the carb disconnected and attempted to crank it and it finally popped after what felt like a million pulls. I then reconnected everything and the saw started right up and ran. I reset the carb and let it sit a couple hours and came back to it and it cranked right up and ran like it should.