Trader history (0)

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking for a 2100 flywheel currently have a 501-83-22non front 501-83-23 on back. Haven’t cranked this saw for a long time. Tried today and no fire. The Magnet seems DEAD!
Edited to add.
So it seems my FW is just fine. Kill switch wire shows continuity to ground.

Last edited:

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have a sem off an older dolmar might work for you not sure about the plug wire length. Did you pull the ignition and see if the casing peeled off the kill switch wire some where? The casing gets brittle and comes off those old ignition wires easy I would make sure the wire is not just shorted somewhere first before buying an ignition

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is still in tact all the way to the mounting plate. Haven’t dug out the potting to see if it shorted there yet though. Getting 27 ohms from kill lead to ground tab on module.
I cleaned all mounting tabs and chased the threads this morning as well as de greased the screws. Went ahead and heat shrink wrapped the entire kill lead down to the potting. Re installed and retimed (my FW key was sheared at some point).
It fired second pull and cranked 3rd.

I will still be looking for a good ignition to have on hand though.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is still in tact all the way to the mounting plate. Haven’t dug out the potting to see if it shorted there yet though. Getting 27 ohms from kill lead to ground tab on module.
I cleaned all mounting tabs and chased the threads this morning as well as de greased the screws. Went ahead and heat shrink wrapped the entire kill lead down to the potting. Re installed and retimed (my FW key was sheared at some point).
It fired second pull and cranked 3rd.

I will still be looking for a good ignition to have on hand though.
Sounds like you fixed it.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you too much $ to hack up for a dolmar hybrid project