trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, almost got my 394 rebuilt but hit a snag. The wj39 carb that I took off the saw to rebuild had the metering lever about flush with the top of the bowl. The metering lever I installed is flush with the bottom of the bowl. Looked all over could not find anything to tell me which is closer to actual fact. This build has taken longer than expected and my compulsiveness is about ready to seek the medicine cabinet for relief!! Would any of the knowledgeable Husky people try to enlighten this lost wandering mind? Thanks a many.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So qa little bit below that bottom? Thanks. Dont have a walbro gauge, going to buy it now. Should have bought it before! Should have, would have, could have!
The pics are pretty clear that it is flush with the bottom and any straight edge will work. You don't even need a tool and can easily eyeball that it is even with the bottom of the pan.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did that. It is flush with the bottom of the bowl and back together. Started it up and it acted like it was starving for fuel. Thought it might be crud in the carb but pressure tested the fuel line again. It had a little hole up where the line goes on the carb that I must have done putting the fuel line on. I've seen better designs, but I dont know if it has to do with the fuel line because there is a slight kink where the fuel line attaches to the carb. But she started and ran fine, so I'll put her in some wood tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks Jim for your help!!

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, I'll save my money then. I rebuilt many carbs, but thats an area that sometimes I feel like a novice at. There are so many different carbs and configurations out there. I just wanted to do it right because I didn't want to tear the whole thing apart again. On Jims first pic with the walbro measuring tool I can see a little bit of the shelf above the metering lever leading me to think it was just a little bit below the bottom of the pan. On looking closer I could tell it was the angle of the carb that made it appear so. What had me confused was that when I took the carb apart the metering lever was set at the height of the top of the bowl. Everybody doesnt have this excellent site to run things by when you just don't know, as evidenced by this carb. Alls well that ends well. Its running good now so I'll put it in some wood to see just how good she runs. ;)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had 2 of these carbs now with the orange metering needle tip swell on me so it gets stuck....

Make sure the needle is free to move.