mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok if I got this right. Put the head back on . Fill the cylinder with oil. Then put oil in grease gun install custom fitting in head. Remove jug nuts then pump oil into cylinder

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve used hair dryers on cracked coils to dry them out then sealed in red rtv. Worked on the couple I tried on old boat motors

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok if I got this right. Put the head back on . Fill the cylinder with oil. Then put oil in grease gun install custom fitting in head. Remove jug nuts then pump oil into cylinder
Did I miss something .head ? I thought it was a stuck piston on a chainsaw .Most if not all them made in the last 60 years have blind end cylinders ,no removable head .
In the example I gave on the big Partner was I wasn't certain if the bearings were stuck ,which they were .So as such I just popped the cylinder off the piston rather than try and move the complete crank shaft piston assembly .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Head down to the gun store and get some black powder..... Aw never mind:eusa_doh::yikes:
I actually knew this yahoo who actually did that on an old Dodge flat head with 4F muzzle loader pan powder .Took him about 3 times but he shook it loose .

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Mirage, the place that sells them is called Saturn surplus. Google them, in there 1.5kw tab you will see a list of parts. Part number is 9786E128. They are there for $14.50.

Can you get me two if I send you PayPal? If too hard then no dramas.

Click link below

http://www.saturnsurplus.com/genset/2a016-1.htm

Last edited:

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did I miss something .head ? I thought it was a stuck piston on a chainsaw .Most if not all them made in the last 60 years have blind end cylinders ,no removable head .
In the example I gave on the big Partner was I wasn't certain if the bearings were stuck ,which they were .So as such I just popped the cylinder off the piston rather than try and move the complete crank shaft piston assembly .

yes it is a chainsaw. It is a Titan and they have removable heads. 0E6C07E0-A651-4E59-8126-E1FC1E51879A.jpeg

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mirage, the place that sells them is called Saturn surplus. Google them, in there 1.5kw tab you will see a list of parts. Part number is 9786E128. They are there for $14.50.

Click link below

ok let me check into this. I got another saw that I think takes the same coil. I will be more than happy to sent some to you.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Click link below

Talked to them yesterday and they were out of the coils. Got e-mail today they got a 1000 of them in. I order 2 for you and 2 for me. He said they sell alot of them.

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Awesome! Great news. Yes every chainsaw collector grabs them that’s how I knew about them. There’s one who even resells them at a 300% markup.....

You may want to grab a few spares as it looks like you are hooked on vintage saws. I need two, one for my titan 200 and titan 65. I’m guessing the coil will fit a little 200, will definitely fit a 65.

Now about the stuck piston, you better heat it up a lot, wait for it to start cooling down and smack the top of the piston with a block of wood and mallet. Use penetrating oil aswell. I set the bores on fire. Did this with both my titans and now have freed pistons with decent compression. I don’t know how to explain that you need to whack the piston and take into consideration the jug mounts and anything fragile. Once it starts moving which it will it’s a great feeling. But it’s risky! The bores aren’t chromed plated so that’s in our favor.
New rings would be good after a freed piston and jug.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might get a piece of wood or plastic and put it on top of piston and hit it with a air hammer. I got a adjustable one ,I got a Disston2 man saw that the pistons were stuck on and got them freed up today.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An oil soaked rag on fire it the bore is another one of many old tricks . I once freed an Allis Chalmers model WC that was stuck and some dummy pulled it at about 20 MPH ,popped the clutch and bent the rod like a pretzel .Torched the rod and jacked piston,cylinder liner and all out the top .Then used a rosebud to heat the liner . Saved every thing but the rod .

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome! Great news. Yes every chainsaw collector grabs them that’s how I knew about them. There’s one who even resells them at a 300% markup.....

You may want to grab a few spares as it looks like you are hooked on vintage saws. I need two, one for my titan 200 and titan 65. I’m guessing the coil will fit a little 200, will definitely fit a 65.

Now about the stuck piston, you better heat it up a lot, wait for it to start cooling down and smack the top of the piston with a block of wood and mallet. Use penetrating oil aswell. I set the bores on fire. Did this with both my titans and now have freed pistons with decent compression. I don’t know how to explain that you need to whack the piston and take into consideration the jug mounts and anything fragile. Once it starts moving which it will it’s a great feeling. But it’s risky! The bores aren’t chromed plated so that’s in our favor.
New rings would be good after a freed piston and jug.

Coils are in . Send me or address. You 2 were 32.50 after shipping. Don't know about shipping to you. I got the piston out. Got the jug off and put it in a press. Just before the piston was ready to come out the rod caught on the side of one of the blocks I was using. +&@^$%)*^$$&*^%$&)U MF .Yes I broke the *&!@#%I*$#$ rod. Anyone got one please let me know. I will get the coil out ASAP .Reeve

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Righto, way to go mate, shame about the rod!

Jeff Hendricks more than likely still has a spare 60 parts saw available, he had one for $40 a few weeks back, not sure if it moved..? The stroke is the same with some of the titans I’ve noticed but not sure if conrods were same demensions/thickness/size. From what I can gather most parts are interchangeable from saw model to saw model.

Anyway will shoot through my address,

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see they just increased the price of the coils o_O ,

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time