How to square file

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
6:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
if they are buy all your dealer has and spread the wealth to the guys here
That's exactly what I was thinking. I've asked other stihl dealers for them and they all looked at me funny. When I asked him he acted like they were a very common thing. He also told me a little history on Erickson, I think his name was. I don't know how they are compared to other files, but that last cutter I did took about 12 swipes of the file to do. Works pretty nice I think.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
5:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i got eBiz cocked, locked and loaded waitin on that number from @t4driller to check availability on my end....... also, any other guys that work at stihlers that still have the eDSM cd layin around dated earlier than 2013 should have the part number also. my 2013 cd don't show them either. :(

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i got eBiz cocked, locked and loaded waitin on that number from @t4driller to check availability on my end....... also, any other guys that work at stihlers that still have the eDSM cd layin around dated earlier than 2013 should have the part number also. my 2013 cd don't show them either. :(
I'm getting ready to call now...

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him. The owner that I talked to isn't in right now. He's off for a couple days. Said he will be back Thursday. The pn was not on the box for the files. The front of the box was ripped off. He didn't know they had those files. But he has 20 of them. I told him to hold all of them for me and I'll be down Thursday to get them. Said they are$ 8.50 a piece. But I thought I paid 8. Maybe if I buy all of them I'll get a discount.

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You better get all the old files you can. I sent a message to stihl and this is what they said.

Hello Mr. Ostrander,

The files offered by STIHL Inc for sharpening square ground chain are triangular in shape. The part number is 7010 871 0132.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

Wayne Lemmond

Technical Service Representative

STIHL Inc.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You better get all the old files you can. I sent a message to stihl and this is what they said.

Hello Mr. Ostrander,

The files offered by STIHL Inc for sharpening square ground chain are triangular in shape. The part number is 7010 871 0132.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

Wayne Lemmond

Technical Service Representative

STIHL Inc.
Well that sucks...