Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made the sleeve that fits in the pilot hole to guide my micro drill. Where the tip of the drill comes out inside the nozzle well is very important. Too high, and the nozzle will never seal, too low and it's obstructed by the nozzle.

IMG_5244.JPG IMG_5245.JPG
Then it's just a simple matter of drilling the hole.

IMG_5250.JPG IMG_5251.JPG

And Glory !!!!

IMG_5252.JPG

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
EDIT !!!!! I no long recommend this step. Only do this if you are blocking the main jet off.

Now, to keep the low side from pulling fuel from the nozzle area, I add a place for it to get it's supply from.

IMG_5253.JPG
Notice in this picture that I've drilled three different holes. The top one over the main nozzle is to provide fuel to the HS circuit.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are several different ways I can set this carb up from this point.

One is for a mild saw that likely needs less fuel than what the stock jetting provided. These carbs are set up extremely rich from the factory.

For that situation, I plug the original jet before I reinstall it.

Next is for the saws I build for my customers. I leave the factory jet as it is. That means you can completely close off the HS circuit I created, and the saw will still start and run.......but it will be lean. You begin dialing it in by cracking the new HS jet open.....and fatten it up till it's just right.

Third.......I can make everything much bigger so the saw can run on Alky. That requires a bigger needle and seat.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the little channel you cut in really necessary, or is it like extra insurance and can you spare that dime?

I've done it without the channel.....and sometimes it will run lean. It depends on just how much fuel it's pulling.