High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How much can you fell/buck/split/stack by hand in a day?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was not asking them? :rolleyes: :facepalm:
No one here confuses a track loader with a skid loader but heck I guess other areas are different.

They are probably the same guys that call a Chevy a truck

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have friends (even people who are in the tree service industry) that call skid steers "skidders" also. I never understood it. Though, in my particular area, I've almost never seen an actual skidder, so that may have something to do with it. Also, I hear a skid steers called a "skiddy". Maybe it evolved from that.
“Skidders”…reminds me of “ Falling Skies”

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whew a quality ole gal..................

View attachment 417220
Bill, those 67-72 chevies held up purdy good here in interior Alaska. No salt on the roads and extremely dry/long winters. Nothing rusts when you have below zero temps from November to April. Here's my 68 k20 wood truck:
image000000.jpg

20220629-174405.jpg

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Salt on the roads here is common practice

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every truck rusts if it sees salt and no care dodge, Chevy, ford all turns to rust.
I used to think of chevys as a weak sister until we had a 90’s 6.5 k1500 that got beaten into submission as a farm truck for years, jumped, raced, burnouts until the tires popped that thing took it all and all we did was add more diesel

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hoser, yep that salt always surprises me, what it does to the undercarriage of a work truck. I feel awful for the mechanics who have to battle with that level of rust.

But I won't imply that Alaska is all that great either. Ran 30 bales of straw on the Taylor highway last week to Eagle, Alaska(on the Yukon River. Hundreds of miles of sharp gravel, frost heaves, slick patches of ice, steep grades, water holes, rock slides and mud on everything. Something always rattles loose on the wood truck, this time I lost a manual locking hub off the front axle and the shocks are toast.

Lotta solid axle Ford 3/4-1 ton trucks owned by those who live in Eagle or miners in Chicken and haul loads on Taylor Highway. Very few IFS rigs.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Realisticaly probabley a cord a day using a hydraulic splitter but usually about half that much .A skidder is just that .Could be a mule,garden tractor,farm tractor, dozer .Depends on weather it's a pecker pole or a 3 foot white oak . I've got tractors and dozers but no mules nor will I ever .I doubt if myself and mule would get along very well .

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Realisticaly probabley a cord a day using a hydraulic splitter but usually about half that much .A skidder is just that .Could be a mule,garden tractor,farm tractor, dozer .Depends on weather it's a pecker pole or a 3 foot white oak . I've got tractors and dozers but no mules nor will I ever .I doubt if myself and mule would get along very well .

I think the ones that say Kawasaki are supposed to be pretty good. Wouldn't want one that eats hay myself.