davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not rigged much, always cut ‘n chuck. We want to rig the limbs hanging over the grass and fence over to the tree on the left, then pull both down left. We want to keep the pieces large to be drug away in fewer trips and dealt with elsewhere. Dead dry brittle oak. Is there a rule of thumb for determining how much limb a limb can take? Thanks

IMG_2985.jpeg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have just dropped it to the left ;).
Most don't have any comprehension of just how much force gets put on a top or wherever their speedline is tied to, as said in the beginning of the video when pieces get big, bad things can happen.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have just dropped it to the left ;).
Most don't have any comprehension of just how much force gets put on a top or wherever their speedline is tied to, as said in the beginning of the video when pieces get big, bad things can happen.
And I’ve never given the technical stuff involved in this two thoughts. Of course I don’t do this stuff for a living but this vid sure puts it in a whole new perspective, like you said, just how wrong things can go and prob in a NY minute…more like a NY second.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I’ve never given the technical stuff involved in this two thoughts. Of course I don’t do this stuff for a living but this vid sure puts it in a whole new perspective, like you said, just how wrong things can go and prob in a NY minute…more like a NY second.
Just hop on YouTube and watch a few videos on tree cutting fails lol. Big tip, don't practice in target rich drop zones ;).