How are the Asian 660s holding up???

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure what's going on with OPE forum but ones again it's telling me that it's not safe to be on here right now!!!! Uuggg.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK as I told MustangMike earlier I finished the ms440 today but started having trouble with the carb the saw is a good runner so it will be worth putting in a different carb can't say I never had problems with China carbs but wow this one definitely got me flipping peas of junk carb. Lol. :boxing::beer-toast1:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
7:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright guys, anyone have any trouble with the oiler system on these 660’s. Mine probs uses about 1/5 oil per tank of fuel. It is screwed up all the way to max too. I’ve replaced the oil vent and worm gear to oem. The pump I have had off and oil pumps through by manually rotating the gear. And the hose and filter seem fine. I have been thinking that maybe the hose bite is smaller than oem? Any thoughts? Cheers

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna pull the oiler apart and have a look. Something is definitely not right. Without the oiler on the oil hose oozes so I’m guessing it’s not plugged that end. Cheers for the thread. I’ll post back some results.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna pull the oiler apart and have a look. Something is definitely not right. Without the oiler on the oil hose oozes so I’m guessing it’s not plugged that end. Cheers for the thread. I’ll post back some results.
There's supposed to be a small square-sided o ring on the pump output. Might be missing

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My oil pumps all work well turned all the way up they will almost run the tank dry buy the saw needs fuel so like MustangMike said ether try a different pump or your missing the oil seal that the outlet of the pump is supposed to seal up against as huskihl has stated modifying the pump can work but sometimes not all depends on the pump itself.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I mean is when it is stripped down the oil hose oozes. So I assume the bore of the hose is big enough. I remember an o ring. Can’t remember it being square off the top of my head. I’ll strip it all and check at the wekend. [emoji106][emoji106]

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is not really an O ring, if you used one you used the wrong rubber part. It is a short piece of tubing. That could easily be the problem.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I use when I find one that's bad ill take some fuel line and cut it to the right length and that's basically what they do. Just another way you can do it if you used a oring that was meant for the big gear for the bar tensioner witch can be a easy mistake because some of the kit's they give you more than one just because. Lol

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Holzforma 660 and tested it today for the first time. Started very easy. Idled flawless.I let it warm up and cut non-stop on 26" rounds until empty. Filled up and checked high side and it was 11.3k. Raised it to 12k for break in and ran another tank through it. The oiler flowed fine set on max. I raised idle up to 2700. The saw would sit and idle all day I believe. I know with just 2 tanks that is no where near enough to tell, but I am very happy with it's performance so far. I am running 32:1 schaeffers 9000 through it.

Last edited: