How are the Asian 660s holding up???

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Holzforma 660 and tested it today for the first time. Started very easy. Idled flawless.I let it warm up and cut non-stop on 26" rounds until empty. Filled up and checked high side and it was 11.3k. Raised it to 12k for break in and ran another tank through it. The oiler flowed fine set on max. I raised idle up to 2700. The saw would sit and idle all day I believe. I know with just 2 tanks that is no where near enough to tell, but I am very happy with it's performance so far. I am running 32:1 schaeffers 7000 through it.
Stick to 32:1 and that saw will out live you I preach that to all the guys who I've built the clone saw's for they are just like the old saw 32:1 is where it's at with these saw's have fun and be safe. :beer-toast1:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Holzforma 660 and tested it today for the first time. Started very easy. Idled flawless.I let it warm up and cut non-stop on 26" rounds until empty. Filled up and checked high side and it was 11.3k. Raised it to 12k for break in and ran another tank through it. The oiler flowed fine set on max. I raised idle up to 2700. The saw would sit and idle all day I believe. I know with just 2 tanks that is no where near enough to tell, but I am very happy with it's performance so far. I am running 32:1 schaeffers 7000 through it.

Almost hard to believe isn’t it LOL. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been running Amsoil Saber at 40:1 in them w/o any problems. That is what I run in all my 2 cycle, including M Tronic, and they all like it!
I dont run saber, but it seems to be a good oil.
I ported 2 saws that were both run on 40-1 saber before I got me mitts on em.
Both were wet inside.
1 had not been fired up for 6 months.
Pulled muff off a ms460 that an amzoil dealer owned. Course it was run at 100-1... might as well put that 1 in the parts pile...

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been running Amsoil Saber at 40:1 in them w/o any problems. That is what I run in all my 2 cycle, including M Tronic, and they all like it!
You're just the lucky one. Lol. I do run 40:1 one in my 064 but I feel better running 32:1 in the clones but everyone has there preference. :enamorado:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I got this clone together and running for some dam reason this one runs perfect funny thing the cylinder that came in this kit the plating had a bubble so I decided to toss a cylinder that I was keeping as a spare and it is heavily ported and for some flipping reasons it purrs like a kitten has a good amount of power and MustangMike I kept the baffle completely intact just drilled a hole at the end of it so it's pretty quiet the only thing that way weird though is on the low setting on the carb when I was tuning it I could screw it in all the way and the saw would just rev up but not die but to get it to idle at normal speed at 2600 it's normal one turn out that just has me scratching my brain a little bit. IMG_20190111_175008.jpg

fulladirt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Edit: I read so much on this foum, didn't realize it's my first post, so Hi :)

I've had my 660 clone for bout a year and a half, probably 25 tanks through it so far with no problems knock on wood....except the oiler kinda stingy even on just a 24", changed hose put a "HO" Ireland pump but it's still not as sloppy as I'd like lol. About 1/2 tank of oil left for 1 tank of gas.

Compared to the 60cc chainsaws I normally run for firewood duty, man when I need a bigger saw it's real nice to have around I enjoy running it.

jlfQDB0.jpg

fulladirt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, and I've read a lot of your posts here so thanks for your help as well. Only thing oem is the wrist pin bearing.
I trimmed the ears off the china circlips, plugged the decomp and cut the baffle out the muffler. The air filter was letting fines through somehow so I ordered a different one stens I think it was.

Almost forgot about this, right after I got it all put together, run it in some wood I found it was leaking bar oil around the flywheel, turns out that case had a couple little holes in it. I sanded the paint and jb welded the holes been fine ever since. Guess I shoulda checked the cases better live n learn.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've had my 660 clone for bout a year and a half, probably 25 tanks through it so far with no problems knock on wood....except the oiler kinda stingy even on just a 24", changed hose put a "HO" Ireland pump but it's still not as sloppy as I'd like lol. About 1/2 tank of oil left for 1 tank of gas.

Compared to the 60cc chainsaws I normally run for firewood duty, man when I need a bigger saw it's real nice to have around I enjoy running it.

jlfQDB0.jpg

I had to replace the oil tank hose as the bore size caused an air lock in it every time it ran empty. It took me ages to figure out. I blamed the pump, alas it was the hose.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jlfQDB0.jpg
Check and make sure that the tank vent is working properly and yes check the hose all it takes is a little split in it or just plane to small off a opening.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I changed the tank vent to oem and modded the oil pump both to no avail.. [emoji23]
Try a different pump without modifying it then go from there stalk oem Stihl ms660 oil pump will oil a 32 inch bar with out a problem and the farmertec ones to so its possible that the pump you're using is not good and check the mettle drive arm on the wermgear if you can hold the gear and you can still spin that arm then that is a problem for you also replacing it should change the outcome of your problem to hope you get it fixed :beer-toast1:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a different pump without modifying it then go from there stalk oem Stihl ms660 oil pump will oil a 32 inch bar with out a problem and the farmertec ones to so its possible that the pump you're using is not good and check the mettle drive arm on the wermgear if you can hold the gear and you can still spin that arm then that is a problem for you also replacing it should change the outcome of your problem to hope you get it fixed :beer-toast1:

I fixed the problem by changing the oil tank hose. It oils a beaut now. [emoji106]