High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A strange side note on this saw. The sticker on the handle says it's a 72cc saw. The research I've done only lists it at 64cc. Was there different models of this saw?

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A strange side note on this saw. The sticker on the handle says it's a 72cc saw. The research I've done only lists it at 64cc. Was there different models of this saw?
Maybe it’s got a different top end on it. I am not familiar enough with the Dolmars to know what top ends will interchange. I think Dolmar made a 7310 but I may be full of beans also.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a really nice Dolmar 6400 in a pawn shop for $400. Im not familiar with Dolmar prices, is this a good price? Thanks for any input
They are 64cc.
There was a time when a good condition 6400 would have been worth $400, but that day has come and gone.
Price is dropping every day since they stopped making them. They are a good saw though.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'd like to own a Dolmar just for the heck of it but...... The handle with the factory sticker says it's a 72cc but the pullstart is off a 6400. I'd have to tear it down to determine which saw it is. Have a great evening y'all

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'd like to own a Dolmar just for the heck of it but...... The handle with the factory sticker says it's a 72cc but the pullstart is off a 6400. I'd have to tear it down to determine which saw it is. Have a great evening y'all

Pics man pics!

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the handle sticker have 6400 on it? Maybe the 6400 recoil cover will fit on a 7310.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The handle stickers are from the larger model. The handle and the pull start cover are from 2 different saws. It's really clean though. I suspect it doesn't have many hours on it.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it is a 64cc you might be paying on the high side of value, but if it is a 73cc you’re getting a fairly priced saw. I prefer my 6400 /24” when felling dead ash trees around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I took down a hedge tree in town a week and a half ago and other than cutting some old hedge posts, that was my first experience with it. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, other than looking like I got in a fight with a bag of powdered eggs and the small brushy limbs............them damn things about gave me a vapor lock.

I took most of it out with an Echo 355t with a 16" bar, since alot of it was overhead work, where the trunk split into 5 different leaders.

That is some frickin heavy stuff, when it's green! I reckon it's gona be a blast to split (sarcasm).

I split the tree with a buddy, since I've got enough wood for about a decade and that's even after selling 6 cords this fall.

I know why some of y'all cuss it and grumble about it like ya do. Anything not firewood size is enough of a pain, to drive a guy to drink.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I took down a hedge tree in town a week and a half ago and other than cutting some old hedge posts, that was my first experience with it. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, other than looking like I got in a fight with a bag of powdered eggs and the small brushy limbs............them damn things about gave me a vapor lock.

I took most of it out with an Echo 355t with a 16" bar, since alot of it was overhead work, where the trunk split into 5 different leaders.

That is some frickin heavy stuff, when it's green! I reckon it's gona be a blast to split (sarcasm).

I split the tree with a buddy, since I've got enough wood for about a decade and that's even after selling 6 cords this fall.

I know why some of y'all cuss it and grumble about it like ya do. Anything not firewood size is enough of a pain, to drive a guy to drink.
It’s not bad to split. Basically anything down to about 3” is firewood size to me. There’s no reason to split anything under about 8” especially since you have plenty of wood, stack it & forget about it. It’s not like it’s going to sit in the stacks & rot or shrivel away to nothing. The older it is the better it burns.

Last edited: