High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You never know.
Met up with Ed and Rob this morning and went down to Bull Creek to cut some wood. Where we were cutting was right beside the cabin. Pulled up, got out and I was thinking, "That's not much wood there. " This was About 9:30. About 4 trunks laying on the ground 10-15 foot long, 18 inches or so diameter and smaller. Finally got the splitter started and just left it running and grabbed a saw and started cutting. Ed was cutting up the others too. My daughter and granddaughters started moving rounds to the splitter so I put the saw down and Brooklyn took the seat and controls and her and I started making sticks . It was cold. 20 degrees with 4 degrees wind chill. Other than burning up the first drive belt on the splitter in 15 minutes, (I had spare belts with me but this didn't bode very well) everything went good after that. Second belt lasted the rest of the time there. We filled Ed's truck and then, surprisingly, finished the rest onto his trailer. About maybe a cord .Maybe a touch less.
Anyway, we got back home by noon and got a text from Ed. He had dropped the wood off to an elderly gentleman he hadn't heard from for a while . The last he'd heard from him was he was ok and someone else probably needed the wood worse. When Ed got there, the gentleman didn't have any wood. He was cold.
The Lord works in mysterious ways.
I've been told that since I was a kid. We tried to go out last Saturday but the conditions were just too bad. Thank the Lord we were able to go this morning. Other than cold, the conditions were perfect. Now it's blowing like mad and the temps dropping. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.
You never know.
But that gentleman is warm now.
It's time for me to get back into this.
Thanks for listening guys and gals .:)
[emoji846] God is good and he is good all the time even though we dont always see it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need some ideas.
In the past Charity Cuts most of the wood has come from left over tree tops from timber harvest/sales. Is there a way of finding out where any harvests have taken place? Locally? These cuts have always depended on the generosity of folks letting us onto their land to cut up the tops. It would be nice to be in somebodies back pocket to gain access to wood that can be given to the ones that need it.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need some ideas.
In the past Charity Cuts most of the wood has come from left over tree tops from timber harvest/sales. Is there a way of finding out where any harvests have taken place? Locally? These cuts have always depended on the generosity of folks letting us onto their land to cut up the tops. It would be nice to be in somebodies back pocket to gain access to wood that can be given to the ones that need it.
Call the local saw mills. See if they will turn you on to the cutters that been selling lot of wood. Then see if theyll tell you where it came from. Just sayin

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the 019t running. Finally!

Carb is ballpark OK. Modified a 16” Poulan bar to it (oil hole).

But every chain I have is one driver too long or one too short. [emoji90] Two dozen loops I have but none fit.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Liquid sprinkles here at 34 degrees.

Runs and cuts.
b4273e33d5b73af67a8cc9745af0c0e4.jpg

9a269d3cd68a28f97ec11c77ba910297.jpg

Popped on second pull, ran on third from cold.
[emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

The 16” is just a tad past ideal.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All iced up! And now it's snowing really heavy! What a deal!