High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HOMELITE Homelite Thread

Pine Marten

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I scored a Homelite 330 at a yard sale for $10. It would run for a bit (at max rpm) with fuel pored down the carb. While tearing it apart toady, I found a piece of the mostly gone intake boot in the reed valve block! After cleaning it out, I thought that I should have snapped a photo........oops! Making out a parts list now to get it back into service.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I scored a Homelite 330 at a yard sale for $10. It would run for a bit (at max rpm) with fuel pored down the carb. While tearing it apart toady, I found a piece of the mostly gone intake boot in the reed valve block! After cleaning it out, I thought that I should have snapped a photo........oops! Making out a parts list now to get it back into service.
If you need parts PM me I have several parts saws. The parts are yours for the cost of the shipping.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK it's a ez 6 and 2 520's. One of the 520''s needs a coil. Sounds like maybe one roller nose. Still seem like a decent deal?
Hell yeah, I'd pay $100 for just a decent 5-20. lol 5 horse gear reduced engine. Can pull a nice bar with that. Is he sure the 5-20 needs a coil? Not just points and condenser?

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell yeah, I'd pay $100 for just a decent 5-20. lol 5 horse gear reduced engine. Can pull a nice bar with that. Is he sure the 5-20 needs a coil? Not just points and condenser?
Not sure really, but I will have them tomorrow morning. It might just be points and condenser. I will get 2 5-20''s out of the deal, so should easily make one runner. Can't find much info about the ez 6, but it just needs a carb kit.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure really, but I will have them tomorrow morning. It might just be points and condenser. I will get 2 5-20''s out of the deal, so should easily make one runner. Can't find much info about the ez 6, but it just needs a carb kit.
Nice finds man....be sure to post lot's of pictures!

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had the latest Super XL-130 I put together, out for a rip a couple of days ago. New AM piston and cleaned up jug. Compression is not where it should be yet. Still have a bit of an issue with the throttle stops/shaft/bore/shutter on the carb. A couple times it leaned out at idle when the throttle was released. There is a bit of wear. Quick blip to reset. Might try another carb. It pulled decently.

Homelite Super XL-130 Points (2).JPG Homelite Super XL-130 June 2018 (1).JPG

I rambled a bit for the first minute or so...