JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
9:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn't even looked used once. Brand new as its gonna get. If he put it away dry, it will likely run with just gas. New it would not have had ethanol gas so it still might run.
Agreed. What do u think on price though? And look at it close. I dont see the second trigger twards the front. Seems odd to me.

sweepleader

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are a lot of different models of this XL platform, changes from year to year and within single years. I have a couple of these, some with two triggers, some with one. You would have to go a lot deeper than two fuzzy pictures to identify exactly which unit it is. None of which matters regarding the price.

It just goes to, do you want it that bad and will the seller sell. If you think you have to jump on it, I would think you really want it. If you are going to add it to your collection, the price is not really important. If you want to resell it, you pays your nickel and you takes your chances.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are a lot of different models of this XL platform, changes from year to year and within single years. I have a couple of these, some with two triggers, some with one. You would have to go a lot deeper than two fuzzy pictures to identify exactly which unit it is. None of which matters regarding the price.

It just goes to, do you want it that bad and will the seller sell. If you think you have to jump on it, I would think you really want it. If you are going to add it to your collection, the price is not really important. If you want to resell it, you pays your nickel and you takes your chances.
Well its pretty FN sweet and 40yr old new saws r hard to come by. I just figured if someone saw it on the weekend it would go quick. It was Just posted yesterday. And $100 didnt sound bad. I prob wouldnt even use it but to make sure it ran. Just a cool old piece my CAD says i need;)

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got the newest super XL out and cleaned it up a little. It is the clearest one I have. I bought it from a coworker, his dad had bought it from a homelite dealership that had closed. His dad passed away and he was cleaning out the garage and asked me if I wanted an old saw lol.F7232EDD-62C8-41F2-BD0C-01C72AF2F3C6.jpeg52F08172-744B-4308-BD3B-602ED903B858.jpeg

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do any of yall have, or know of one, a tutorial on how to install the boot on a 410? Neither the ipl nor the sm are any help

Teemore

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Due to a developing case of CAD I am now the owner of a Homelite XL Automatic. It has not done much work and I strongly suspect it still wears its original hard nose bar and came with an Oregon chain that may never have been sharpened.
Can anyone help me tie down its date of manufacture beyond what appears on Acres Internet site? It is a Homelite-Terry Textron. UT No. 50134, Serial No. T90731294. (Pointe Claire, Quebec.) Thanks in advance.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy who owns that site is a hoot .He's a tool and die maker by trade and quite good about same .I think his AS handle was "Raised by wolves " I called him "wolfy " .

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Found another 770 gear drive stick shift. Was in pretty ruff shape but pulled over with good compression. After a good washing and installing some missing pieces along with putting a nova chip in and rebuilding the fuel system she runs pretty damn good! Shifts nicely to. Has a 31 inch bar and chain. Be a fun runner.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found another 770 gear drive stick shift. Was in pretty ruff shape but pulled over with good compression. After a good washing and installing some missing pieces along with putting a nova chip in and rebuilding the fuel system she runs pretty damn good! Shifts nicely to. Has a 31 inch bar and chain. Be a fun runner.

View attachment 130037 View attachment 130038 View attachment 130039 View attachment 130040

Great score. Pretty hard to beat that!

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The stick shift is one of the holy grails of Homelites. I say one of because it depends who you're talking to.

Anyway, congrats on the find.
I agree with that....it truly is one of a kind! Wish neat things like this were still being made. To heavy I guess. lol

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Terry VI 922 Homelite new to me. It's in very nice shape and just required a carb kit and a bunch of hours cleaning the crap the PO used for bar oil out of oiler system to make it right. The stuff in there was anywhere from like concrete to something like gelatin. Both the manual and the auto oilers were seized with it but undamaged
Not many hours on it.
Still needs a good tune.

DSCF3699.JPG DSCF3700.JPG DSCF3701.JPG DSCF3702.JPG

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a chance to get a 5-30 and 2 parts saws that are 5-20's. The guy wants 100 dollars. Should I jump on this? Sorry I don't know much about Homelite yet.