Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not? Because the stuff is aftermarket? Need more info! lol

The reasons are (1) I bought some Mac 10 Series molded fuel lines from him. There wasn't enough material for it to grip in the bulkhead of a saw and it took him over a month before he refunded me. (2) Like an idiot, I thought this was a one-time occurrence ... so I ordered a couple of Homelite molded lines ... same result! (2) He will not directly answer any pointed questions about this new wave of AM pistons he's gotten for vintage saws.

So screw him ... there's plenty of other sellers out there.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The reasons are (1) I bought some Mac 10 Series molded fuel lines from him. There wasn't enough material for it to grip in the bulkhead of a saw and it took him over a month before he refunded me. (2) Like an idiot, I thought this was a one-time occurrence ... so I ordered a couple of Homelite molded lines ... same result! (2) He will not directly answer any pointed questions about this new wave of AM pistons he's gotten for vintage saws.

One of the Poulan guys bought a 3400 piston from him. The wrist pin wasn't a press fit as it should have been and came with clips. They aren't paying attention to detail on that product. I don't think it would last too long.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Thanks, Good to know!

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Duramark SXLAO with chain brake. The brake is ugly and built like a tank. Great runner. I had thought these were re-branded for the T. Eaton Co. but I recently found out that it was for the Hudson's Bay Co. the oldest operating company in Canada established in 1670.

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tim, first time I've ever seen that muffler cover ... interesting.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry not a great picture. Homelite super mini. Currently doesn't run. I don't know what it needs yet. Gonna rip into it this weekend and make a listimage.jpg

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tim, first time I've ever seen that muffler cover ... interesting.

They are very common on the Canadian built Terry saws. I have them on the Super XL, one of the XL-76's and 900 series saws.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was given a 330 in great shape are they worth the trouble of fixing I know it needs a carb boot.I have had several xls and super xls and like them does the 330 how does it compare to the older ones .after I made this post I tore it down the carb boot had already been changed but the fuel lines were bad put new ones in and it runs great I'll try it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a 10.00 junk yard find. A Super XL-925. I don't have but a few homelite's. I got it to pop with some mix so I gave it a good bath. I had the bar and chain, re did the fuel lines, rebuilt the carb and had to swap out the fuel cap because the vent was bad.
20160205_205646.jpg
20160205_205722.jpg

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The carb kept leaking fuel when it was setting and I took it off twice before I seen a hole on the front face of the carb. That hole goes back to the Welch plug area. I had some small Welch plugs and blocked it off. It doesn't leak now.20160205_193526.jpg