High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Guys if you ran regular carb saws for years, what were your thoughts when finally got a m-tronic or autotune saw????

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a husqvarna 545 auto tune. I really like the saw, but if it was available with regular carb, that's what I would prefer. I don't use my saws during the hot months, which is like may thru September. When I leave the auto tune sitting that long it takes 20 or more pulls to get it going. My old 50 or 55 takes between 3 and 6.
If you pump the primer 5-6 times and still takes 20 pulls to get it going. There’s something wrong with it

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t even bother with my non-auto tune saws anymore. Maybe get them out for a GTG and I have some really nice fast ones. The auto tune is so much nicer to run. I’ve never had any of the issues mentioned by others and I’ve built numerous ones from junk piles. Only ever had the firm ware updated on a couple just because my buddy worked at a Husky dealer. Most of the starting issues is operator error. If they don’t start in 2-5 pulls you either missed the pop and flooded it or it needs attention

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you pump the primer 5-6 times and still takes 20 pulls to get it going. There’s something wrong with it

It's been that way since new but only after it sits a month or so. Otherwise it's fine.

emanuel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know how the settings are stored for the fuel trim?
I'm curious how the data is retained.
Does the memory slowly bleed off the charge and loose the data?
Is there any exposure potential for fuel or oil to contact anything and provide a pathway (however high resistance) and slowly bleed the memory state away?
Let's say fuel might slowly soak through the encapsulation of the electronics/chips and cause a slow loss?

When the saw has been sitting a while.
Is there a capacitor or something for holding a bit of energy, that needs a "few" spins to charge and thus get the system energized~initialized and ready to do its work?

p.s. I don't own anything of the auto-tronic era, but I would like to understand the ins and outs of this stuff
I dont think its a problem, the memory used is solid-state type, so it should hold data for anywhere between 10 to 20 years unpowered depending on manufacturer. If you let your saw sit unstarted for that much time, the software is the least of your problems.

Regarding encapsulation, I can only speak about the MS 500i and TS 500i concrete cutter. The main electronic component seems to be encased inside a resin matrix, so its completely sealed from the environment outside. Its one of the reasons why nobody heard of issues with the computer on the TS 500 concrete cutter and all the water sludge its was exposed to didnt seem to create issues. Same with ms 500i. Some high hour machines (2000+ hours) seem to have the wires running out of it rub so much the insulation wears out and they short out. A quick replacement of these fixes the issue and the controller is fine.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm waiting to see if Echo comes out with an electronic carb. Not sure if they ever will, they may want to ride regular carbs as long as they can until EFI and/or battery goes mainstream.

Last edited:

emanuel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm waiting to see if Echo comes out with an electronic carb. Not sure if they ever will, they may want to ride regular carbs as long as they can until eating and/or battery goes mainstream.
I think there was an article where some representative from Echo or Yamabiko Corp were saying how they’ll always offer a gas-powered option even if battery ones becomes competitive, simply because diversity of power options is a good thing.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if they ever will, they may want to ride regular carbs as long as they can until EFI and/or battery goes mainstream.
I don't think they will ever do away with gas powered chainsaws, no matter how good battery units get. I think it will be like battery vehicles, there will be a use for them, but try hauling a load of hay with a prius...

Could you imagine the battery that would be needed to power a 661 or 592 size saw???

I know Husqvarna has a larger sized battery saw they have developed, though they have it locked away until they develop a battery that can efficiently run it. I think they are trying to maintain the one battery format size for all their battery tools.